Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-31 08:23:02

**_yoeyyutch_**

Audio is cut off at the beginning of slides

I created a presentation with voice over narration, which is to be delivered via the internet.  The problem I am having is that the first couple seconds of each slide narration often get clipped. I've tried many different approaches to fix this.  One that has been marginally effective, but not 100%, is to leave an extra second or two of silence at the beginning of each slide.  I have also tried all of the different preload settings and lowered the audio quality as well. I just wish there was a way to make each slide pause until enough of the audio track was transferred, then start playing. Has anyone else had this problem, or better yet had any success fixing it?  Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-03-31 09:11:40

**_srobin54_**

Re: Audio is cut off at the beginning of slides

yoey, not sure if this has anything to do with your situation, but I have noticed that some software on my computer was causing the problem with delays.  i.e., cpu usage on MY computer was the issue.  Try publishing the presentation, then viewing it from another computer.

#3 2010-03-31 10:37:06

**_yoeyyutch_**

Surprisingly enough, I just published it again with the "Control Preloading" unchecked and it seems to be working just fine. I thought for sure I had already tried this and had the same results.  Thanks for your response.  This program has so many little quirks, its really helpful to have this forum. Hopefully I might have an answer to keep someone from ripping their hair out!

#4 2010-04-28 13:25:14

**_tucci_**

Has this completely fixed your issue?  I'm having the same issue and unchecking "Control Preloading" made mine worse.  It seems that each slide hangs at the end of the slide time and the longer it hangs, the more it skips in the beginning of the next slide.

I did seem to find that when I published to my local machine, I had no trouble with this.  It was only when I published to a company server that the issue seems to happen.  It seems like a "preloading" or buffering issue, but I'm not sure how to adjust the buffering.

#5 2010-05-07 10:23:21

**_bfleming_**

I am trying to do a slideshow with music and want to have one song continue as multiple slides are advanced.  It puts a brief pause each time it changes slides.  Is there any way to stop this?  I tried the suggestions above but it didn't help.

#6 2010-05-07 16:08:11

**_tmaciag_**

Be sure that you have updated to Presenter version 7.0.5 - this clipping of audio was one of the problems that (I think) was fixed in that update.

#7 2010-05-28 09:14:41

**_deliya_**

We're having trouble with voice narration skipping more than clipping at the beginning of slides also.  We have "Control Preloading" unchecked, but they still skipped.  We thought it was a buffering issue, so our only solution so far was to add an extra 1 second of silence before each audio clip so if there's any skipping, it won't be heard in the narration.  It works for us, but sometimes the longer slides still skip in the middle as if they're buffering.

#8 2010-05-28 13:56:11

**_Daniel_**

To respond to Bfleming's post re: the music track. The way it is understood here, one of Presenter's limitations is that it creates separate swf's for each slide. So when you try to do something with a musical overlay, you will experience a slight glitch between slides since Presenter will hack up your musical track into separate audio segments for each swf. Though I don't use Captivate, have been told that program will do what you are looking for with your musical overlay.

There are some little workarounds or techniques to employ like using animation builds on your slides to turn three or four slides into one, but you can only do so much with that.

@deliya, if you publish your presentation locally to your hard drive and play it back, is your audio synced up properly? Perhaps that will help you see if it is a buffering problem.

#9 2010-06-13 22:16:40

**_plewmm_**

I've also experienced the problem with the audio being cut off at the beginning of slides and have received several complaints by our learners.  I have experimented with the different settings for the audio quality and the control preload setting -- as well as adding extra silence at the beginning of the slides.  It appears that this is an issue that others are experiencing as well.  There must be a remedy for this.  Please advise.  The slides play fine when the presentation is published locally but becomes an issue when published to our company server.

#10 2010-06-16 09:37:33

**_deliya_**

Daniel-Yes we've published locally and we still have audio stutters in the middle of clips.  They are less frequent, but they still happen.  The next thing we'll try is using a lower audio quality setting, but we don't really want to do that for the final product.

#11 2010-07-13 01:59:14

**_ashantycapre_**

HI,

The same matter as yoeyyutch I created a presentation with voice over narration, which is to be delivered via the internet.  The problem I am having is that the first couple seconds of each slide narration often get clipped. I've tried many different approaches to fix this.  One that has been marginally effective, but not 100%, is to leave an extra second or two of silence at the beginning of each slide.  I have also tried all of the different preload settings and lowered the audio quality as well.
Any idea?

#12 2010-07-19 20:29:25

**_johnny.quest_**

I'm also having the same problem.

#13 2011-06-20 19:49:10

**_oldkingcole3_**

I am running with Adobe Presenter 7.0.6 (Build 7604) on Windows 7 Enterprise, viewing the published courses in Internet Explorer 8 (Version 8.0.7600.16385).

I have created an e-learning course with audio associated with most slides. When I publish and run locally, everything is fine. However, after I upload to our externally-hosted LMS (not Adobe Connect), a few slides begin their audio about 1-2 seconds after the start. That is, the audio begins playing right away but it starts playing from about 1-2 seconds past the actual start. As a result, the first couple of words are missing.

If I back up, or revisit the slide, the audio plays just fine. The start of the audio only gets cut off the first time the learner visits the page, and only when accessing the course from a remote server. When loaded locally it always works correctly.

I have "Control Preloading" unchecked.

Has anyone solved this issue, and if so, can you share how?

Thanks!

-Ray

Last edited by **_oldkingcole3_** (2011-06-20 19:49:42)

Board footer