Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-01 16:13:36

**_DaveLG526_**

Presenter 7.0 on Apple MBP with Parallels: Windows 7

I am planning to move my work over to an Apple MacBook Pro, Intel Core i7 processor with 8 GB DRAM and 500 GB hard drive.

Since Presenter does not support Apple I will need to use Parallels--or something equivalent-- to runs PowerPoint 2007 and Windows 7.

If you use such a setup please let me know how your experience has gone in terms of operability, crashes, and speed. Most of the presentations I do are pretty simple, 20 pages or so but occasionally they run to 70 pages but with only modest graphics.

Thanks..dave

#2 2011-06-01 19:53:31

**_heywardjr_**

Re: Presenter 7.0 on Apple MBP with Parallels: Windows 7

We (Adobe Connect Solutions Consulting team) use VMWare Fusion on the Mac and use Windows 7 with Powerpoint and Adobe Presenter. We do all our demos this way and it works great.

I have two Macbook Pros with that same configuration.

Adobe Presenter 7.06 is the latest version and version 7.07 is coming in July with a new installer.

fyi: Adobe cannot develop Presenter for the Mac platform because Apple and Microsoft do not allow plug-ins in the OS and in Office for Mac. Because of that limitation we're unable to integrate the Mac version of Presenter like we do with Windows. We'd love to but it just won't happen unless Apple changes the rules around plug-ins.

#3 2011-06-01 20:56:19

**_DaveLG526_**

Re: Presenter 7.0 on Apple MBP with Parallels: Windows 7

Thanks. Very helpful and the information on Presenter and Apple was also appreciated.

Board footer