Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-07 05:13:57

**_barnabybrown100_**

Audio not playing when loaded into an Adobe Connect 8 Meeting room

I have created a presenter file with audio which I upload to Adobe Connect as a zip file.
The standalone url for viewing from adobe connect plays fine with audio but when I share the zip file in an Adobe Meeting room there is no audio?? Is there a reason for this
Rgds

#2 2011-04-07 11:10:07

**_redhatperl_**

Re: Audio not playing when loaded into an Adobe Connect 8 Meeting room

Hi Barna,

Sharing zip file in meeting room, does it means in Share Pod or File Share POd ? Please elaborate.

Thanks,
Ravi

#3 2011-04-07 23:40:48

**_dhwalker_**

To upload a presentation with audio to a meeting room you need Adobe Presenter.
If you publish the presentation locally and check the option for Zip Package, then upload that zip package into a Share Pod, you should be good to go.
Alternatively you can publish the presentation directly to the Connect Server first and then bring it into a share pod from there.
Either way should work.
The presentation may not start playing automatically, you may have to click the Play button in the playbar.

Is this what you did?

#4 2011-04-08 23:27:03

**_Purnima_**

As I understand, when you tried to  play the published Presenter content from Content library in Connect web it is playing fine.

Did you try sharing the content in share pod from Content library. Option is available at  Share Documents -> My Content

#5 2011-04-11 22:53:44

**_ac_**

Please confirm which Presenter and Connect versions you are using.
If it is not 7.0.6 - please update to this version, and republish your ppt. Older versions of Presenter have a known loss-of-audio issue with Connect 8.

#6 2011-05-30 18:16:09

**_JohnK_**

ac,

I have the "loss-of-audio" problem when using older 7.02 made presentations in Connect 8 meeting rooms.

Do you know where Presenter 7.06 make the corrections? Is it something you can fix in the XML files - instead of republishing a ton of presentations?

John K.

#7 2011-05-31 02:48:00

**_ssahai_**

Don't think so, the fix must be in the viewer.swf. Either you can just replace the viewer.swf with the new one. It should work if the versions are close and nothing else changed. Else if some major change went in then except republishing will be the only option. I would say it's worth a try.

Board footer