Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-15 18:41:26

**_toasty0621_**

Best SIP Service Providers

Greetings,

I am looking to setup Universal Voice on our Connect system and am looking for recommendations from those of you who use 3rd party SIP systems on cost effective, reliable providers.

I have called the Adobe folks and they said either at&t or Ribbit, not sure about those yet.

Any other suggestions on what works best with your system?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2011-05-23 16:00:34

**_aaron_schuyler_**

Re: Best SIP Service Providers

What have you found so far? I'd emailed Ribbit (no reply) when Universal Voice first came out. Did you find someone that can provide the service?

#3 2011-05-23 16:12:34

**_toasty0621_**

I had the same issue with Ribbit, no reply until I called.  I finally got through with TelCentris.  They recommended a SIP Trunk, because of the limited use I needed.  Hope this helps.

#4 2011-05-23 16:18:45

**_aaron_schuyler_**

...and the Flash Media Gateway can be configured to point at your "SIP Trunk" in such a way that Universal Voice works in meetings?  Is there some place you can point me that would explain the "SIP Trunk" concept or someone at TelCentris that would be able to answer/anticipate my questions?

#5 2011-05-23 16:25:02

**_toasty0621_**

I felt the same way, because there really isn't much information on SIP Trunking and its usage with the Adobe Connect system.  I ended up doing a conference call with Adobe Support and the TelCentris guy.  We only used the SIP truck for a few months then canceled it.  Yes we just configured the Gateway with the information that was sent from TelCent.  I tried many "Free SIP" providers but could never get them to work so I ended up using both Adobe Support and TelCent.

I hope this helps!

#6 2011-05-23 16:30:40

**_aaron_schuyler_**

Thanks. Had a similar experience using the login/pass/sip credentials for a related service in my Flash Media Gateway. The service didn't allow us to make "on demand" meetings through Connect but did work for Universal Voice if we scheduled it through their website or in a custom pod. Too much work for our users...

Thanks for your time!

Board footer