Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-30 15:25:04

**_cfrechette_**

Mail Settings

Is it possible to configure Connect to send e-mail through IMAP (specifically, a secure IMAP server using port 993)? Or, can connections only be established with SMTP servers?

Thanks.

#2 2009-07-01 00:12:56

**_michael_**

Re: Mail Settings

I believe SMTP is the only validated configuration available today.

#3 2009-07-01 08:56:38

**_cfrechette_**

Thanks. Turns out we can use SMTP, but it still needs to be a secure connection (STARTTLS) over port 465 or 587. Wondering if there's a way to setup this kind of connection. There aren't any options in the Connect admin Web interface to set the port, but maybe in a config file somewhere?

#4 2009-07-01 10:57:10

**_mrock66_**

Give this a try, make sure to make a backup of the file before editing it.

Go to the 'c:\breeze\appserv\win32\jvm.config', and add the following line to the java.args directive:

-Dmail.smtp.port==xxxx

Let me know if that works! :)

Matt

#5 2011-04-27 11:19:24

**_farbod_**

mrock66 wrote:

Give this a try, make sure to make a backup of the file before editing it.

Go to the 'c:\breeze\appserv\win32\jvm.config', and add the following line to the java.args directive:

-Dmail.smtp.port==xxxx

Let me know if that works! :)

Matt

hi

I can set up my local smtp server on AC correctly and it work great but I need set Gmail as my smtp server (smtp.gmail.com) after setting my gmail account in console an error tell me that server can not connect to smtp server!
I know that Gmail default port is not 25 but I don`t know what should I do to set gmail as my smtp server?

also I changed JVM.config :

# java.args
# JVM runtime configuration
# -server must always be the first option;
#    The server system is optimal for applications where the overall performance is most important.
#     For 32-bit Windows, if you download the JRE, you get only the client, you'll need to download the SDK to get both systems (jre\bin\server).
# -Xmx and -Xms should have the same value
# -Xmn should be about 1/5th to 1/4th of -Xmx

java.args=-server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Xmn250m -Xss330k -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol -Dapplication.home={application.home} -Dlibrary.service=WIN32 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djmx.invoke.getters=true -verbose:gc -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -Xloggc:{application.home}/../logs/gc.log -Dmail.smtp.port=587

but my problem did not solved!

is there anybody to help me?

thanks

Board footer