Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-18 13:51:52

**_mikeh78_**

Navigation Menu, no links?

Hi,
I have a menu on the left hand side and I was just wondering if it's possible to have the menu to be there for just information and link to nothing? I have navigation in each of the panels to move forward or back. I want the menu to show the learner their progress in the course that they're taking.

#2 2011-04-18 15:15:34

**_dhwalker_**

Re: Navigation Menu, no links?

If you are wanting to use the Side Bar that Adobe Presenter creates for the presentation (the one that has panes for Outline, Thumbnails, Notes and Search), then no.
However you could build your menu into the presentation by placing it onto the actual slide itself and hiding the Sidebar completely.
By the way, it is also possible to change the dimensions of the slide to allow more horizontal space for your menu.

#3 2011-04-18 15:35:16

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You can always use the "Lock Slide" option for the whole presentation (Adobe Presenter > Slide Manager > Select All > Edit > Lock Slides) which will disable the play-bar and side bar navigation functions, other than play/pause and volume. This way the links on your slides and the natural progression of the presentation, will move the presentation forward.

#4 2011-04-19 10:36:04

**_dhwalker_**

That's a good thought Jorma.
I just wanted to point out that locking the slide only disables the navigation until the slide has been viewed once. If you lock all slides then the user can't use the navigation until all slides have been viewed once. After that however the navigation becomes active.

Board footer