Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-01-13 17:39:31

**_webtechjena_**

Tracking Viewed Video Slides in CP5

Using Captivate 5 I have a series of slides in which a single video spans across all of the slides using the "slide video" feature. I have markers placed in the video timing where each of the slides are triggered for display. A segment of the video is played during the slide's duration. In addition I have a custom widget built in flash/XML, essentially a thumbnail navigation scroller, that is used for navigation between slides.

Currently a user is able to jump to any slide at any time no matter the order. I would like to set up the captivate project where the user is forced to view the slides in sequence and not able to advance forward to the next slide if the current slide (segment of video) was not viewed in its entirety. If the user has already viewed a slide they would be able to jump to that slide they wish to view again. If the user has not viewed a slide they would have to view the entire "not completely watched" slide before accessing the next slide in sequence.

My scripting knowledge is limited. Any ideas on how to mark a slide complete before advancing and or an approach method for this?

Thank you

#2 2011-02-09 09:14:05

**_webtechjena_**

Re: Tracking Viewed Video Slides in CP5

Hello, I was hoping maybe if I simplify the question perhaps someone could point us in the right direction. Maybe Captivate 5 is not the best choice for this functionality?

--

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

For our client's presentation we have a FLV video timed over a series of JPG slides. The project is set to autoplay with no user action to move forward. The default published skin SCRUB BAR is used and the BACK, FORWARD, PLAY/PAUSE, MUTE options are enabled. We are using Captivate 5.

Our client is requesting the following features:
1: To not be able to scrub forward to a forward point in the timeline if the user has not viewed that particular slide (video point from a defined marker) in it's entirety.
2: If the user has viewed a slide in its entirety they would be able to jump to that point within the presentation.

We are installing this published SCORM presentation within our LMS (Accord LMS).

Any help or reference links by the community or an Adobe rep would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

#3 2011-03-18 07:40:26

**_sadia_**

Re: Tracking Viewed Video Slides in CP5

yea i think u should not use C5 cause we got problem like this not same !!!

so u should try others captivate ...

and if u got same problem let me knw i will send u some more suggestion .

Board footer