Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-02-23 15:03:32

**_marcosp_**

Migrating from Breeze 5.1 to Connect 8

Hello!

One of our clients wishes to upgrade from Breeze 5.1 to Connect 8. He also wishes to keep his data, including users, meeting rooms, etc. He's just interested in the Meeting module.

Questions:

1. How do I upgrade? I've been reading some documens online and it looks like I must upgrade from Breeze to Connect 6 and then to Connect 8, is this correct? Is so, will adobe provide me with the previous software?

2. Is it possible to keep the data the way the client wishes? How?

Thank you in advance for any info on this!

Marcos

#2 2011-02-24 14:53:19

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Migrating from Breeze 5.1 to Connect 8

Hi Marcos,

We are going 7.2 => 8.0, but even so need to go through 7.5. I would contact Adobe directly about the upgrade and software, as the answer will probably depend on your account.

During an upgrade, users and data should not be affected directly, but you should definitely test in your environment.

#3 2011-02-25 05:15:50

**_Purnima_**

Alot of things have changed between Breeze 5.1 to Connect 8. Direct migration might not be possible, rather I am sure it wouldn't be. There would be ladder steps. I would suggest to take help from Adobe support for this.

#4 2011-02-25 17:42:57

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If the client has not been in current M&S with Adobe/Macromedia since Breeze 5.1, then there may not be an upgrade path to follow. The client will have to purchase new licensing for Connect 8, and that would lead to having to do a new install.

Board footer