Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-02-03 03:59:56

**_friendsterjoel_**

get user email address in custom pod

hi there, there a way to get the email address of the user (used to login to adobe connect) on a custom pod? i've tried using syncConnector.username but its giving me the full name

#2 2011-02-03 10:33:30

**_Purnima_**

Re: get user email address in custom pod

As far as I knw, you can get only 4 information wrt users in meeting, user name, user id, userlist and user who has left. User email might not be available. Have you checked the documentation for Connect SDK?

#3 2011-02-04 01:57:23

**_friendsterjoel_**

yes, checked it... the connect collaboration SDK... are there any other SDK available out there... I've used the adobe connect web service just to get the user email,,, I'm thinking if there are other flash based SDKs which provides more tools like changing the user role etc.

#4 2011-02-04 02:17:13

**_Purnima_**

If you are fine with accessing web services API to get user information, then you can set role from there as well.

#5 2011-02-04 02:26:38

**_friendsterjoel_**

i'm sorry but i do not see anything in the webservice which can provide role change.... is this the correct page? http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/8.0 … 7-7f54_SP1

#6 2011-02-04 02:29:59

**_Purnima_**

Did you try permissions-update api ? AFAIR this is the one that is used to grant access as host presenter or Participant in meeting course curriculum etc.

#7 2011-02-04 02:43:07

**_friendsterjoel_**

ok, thanks for that information... another thing is can we add something beyond the pod interface? like in the button above it (where the "Stop Sharing" is located)... can i add another button there programatically using the pod i loaded?

#8 2011-02-04 03:34:29

**_Purnima_**

You can have actionable buttons inside your custom pod. But i seriously doubt that you will be able to add any button to share pod interface. As I Understand, i should not be allowed at the first place.

Board footer