Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-01-04 21:32:04

**_Patton-Roark_**

Is presenter included w Adobe Connect 8 $55.00 Month - is it needed?

Hey, sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm a newbie.  Definitely interested in Connect 8 but I can't seem to find an answer & the hold times for customer support are atrocious.  Do you need Presenter in order to use Connect & if so, is it included in the $55/Mo fee?

#2 2011-01-04 21:47:39

**_Daniel_**

Re: Is presenter included w Adobe Connect 8 $55.00 Month - is it needed?

No and No.

It's a powerpoint plugin that allows a lot of flexibility in powerpoint on the Connect platform. Presenter also allows you to publish powerpoint files to your connect server with the dynamic video and audio aspects embedded in those files. It is not required. You can still upload ppt content into connect meeting rooms without Presenter, just sans the bells/whistles.

Before you buy, check with one of the resellers of Connect products - there are several who monitor this site. They can give you the answers to your questions without long hold times :) I am not one, but glad to recommend one.

#3 2011-01-05 04:04:03

**_Purnima_**

You definitely don't need Presenter to use Connect.

And your question as to if Presenter is included with Connect, i seriously doubt this. Presenter is sold separately, so you should definitely cross check with reseller.

#4 2011-01-05 12:27:12

**_Patton-Roark_**

Thank You very much Daniel and Purnima for your excellent information. Daniel, here is my email  ceo@ConsumerCreditAssociation.org       if you have a reseller of connect you can refer.

Thanks again.

#5 2011-01-17 14:30:00

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Patton,

You can purchase Connect and Presenter through a reseller (RealEyes Connect is one), but the licensing we can sell is an annual purchase. If you are looking at the monthly access accounts, that is only available via Adobe.com. As to Adobe Presenter, it can be purchased through Adobe here.

If you purchase annual licenses, deals can sometimes worked in, but it does take a volume purchase.

Jorma

Board footer