Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-01-10 07:15:58

**_Fitzgig_**

Editing after Production - need to remove a bearded picture

Once, when I was still a student, my professor told me that there were two kinds of people in the world -"those who have lost data and those who are going to lose data."  I have proven that to be true!  Anyway........

After creating my presentation and publishing it - I have found that the wrong instructor picture was associated with the material.  The instructor - a kind young woman - looks like a bearded older Rasputin becasue the wrong image was associated with the presentation.  Unfortunately, the raw ppt is gone, so I can't do the simple fix and re-produce.  It is a big project, and I really cannot reproduce the work.    ARGHH! 

I have opened up the files post-production and see a collection of files and folders like index.html, viewer.swf, loadflash.js, etc.  There is also a folder named "data".  When I go inside of data, I see the swf files and the mp3 files and I have pretty much figured them all out and have even managed to edit a single mp3 file and insert it back in and have it run fine with the new mp3.

What I have not found is the file that contains the information about the instructor so I can edit it and take out the bearded professor's picture and replace it with the lovely young lady who actually did the work!

Can anyone help me figure this one out?  The real creator is not happy being shown as someone with a beard and a cranky look.  :)

#2 2011-01-10 07:43:41

**_Purnima_**

Re: Editing after Production - need to remove a bearded picture

You can change the photo in published output as well. Go to [Published output]/Data and change the photo. Make sure you name the new photo exactly as it was before.

Clear cache of your Browser and play presentation. You should see new pic.

HiH

#3 2011-01-10 08:07:46

**_Fitzgig_**

I do not see a file in the data folder (published) that speciifically mentions a picture.  There are swf's and Mp3's.  All of the swfs and the MP3's seem to be related to one another numerically.  There are a few "Master" swfs and a thumb swf.  Might it be the thumb swf?

Thanks for the help!

#4 2011-01-10 09:45:01

**_Daniel_**

In the main project folder (the same folder in which the data folder is housed) do you see the imsmanifest.xml file? If so, open it and browse the list of resources toward the bottom of the manifest. You should see several jpg files there. And, the jpg's should be housed in the data folder. If you can locate the bearded photo or photos and replace it with your new image, you might rename the new image with the old file name, so Presenter knows where to find it, as it sounds like you figured out with the mp3 files.

I cannot imagine why you only see swf and mp3 files in the data folder though... hoping that looking through the imsmanifest will give you a clue.

#5 2011-01-10 09:55:31

**_Purnima_**

If you used jpg image or remember the name of the image, you can just run search for that. Hope this helps you find the image. Just replace the image with new one and it should work.

#6 2011-01-11 22:10:37

**_Fitzgig_**

Thanks to all for the help.  In the data folder I found the jpg file and switched it out.  A new issue has arisen however - but I post that under a new thread.

Daniel, I did not find a imsmanifest.xml file.  There was a breeze-mainfest.xml file.  I ended up finding the offending jpg in the data folder and did my surgery in there.

#7 2011-01-12 01:29:47

**_Purnima_**

I guess this issue is resolved and you could successfully change the image?

#8 2011-01-12 05:10:04

**_Fitzgig_**

Yes, I was able to change the image.  The question that remains however is that I have swtiched the pitcure, but the descriptive text that was next to the picture (the bearded professors name and class number) still remains.  I think I should post that under a sepearte thread since it is a bit of a different question.  Thanks!!!

#9 2011-01-12 07:28:47

**_Purnima_**

If this issue is resolved, then can you mark this as resolved. This will help if any other user visits this post later in time :)

Board footer