Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-06 11:19:24

**_ZoomLNZ_**

Captivate Navigation

Greetings:

I just started using Captivate 4 about 3 months ago, because it incorporates impressive simulation and assessment feature. Currently, I

#2 2010-03-26 11:09:54

**_karina.hesse_**

Re: Captivate Navigation

Suggestion: I am not extremely well versed on this - but I had a similar situation and did the following which worked for me which compiled my swf's into one single file. I use CS3 - the only catch is that you can not connect huge files (e.g. 1 hour recordings) --- Captivate CS3 always got stuck rendering it (wish this capacity topic could be upgraded!). Anyway, but if you have e.g. 3-5 swf of each recording time 10-15 mins. --- this would be a very comfortable solution.

You created all parts of the project in terms of swf-files now create a "new Captivate project", select "Other" and then use the background you need - or "Blank Presentation".
Now select under the menu:

INSERT
select "Slight"
select "Animation Slight"
browse to the first "swf-file" you want to insert.
use same process for the next "swf" file.
+++
Once completed go to navigation point:
"PROJECT"
select "Skin"
select tab "Menu"
tick "Show Menu"
Add Headline & click "add" Navigation points.
[just go to the menu -- all is pretty easy to figure out]
+++
Under "Playback Control"
you can customize colors & control buttons etc.
+++
After that publish your project as usual.
It will integrate all swf's into one single file & via the navigation menu will allow users to quickly get to the content they are interested in. As it is one file an does not need confirmation process other then the first one and therefore will not stop the recording when published on your web page.

Hope this might help & good luck!

#3 2010-03-30 11:21:18

**_ZoomLNZ_**

Thanks for your time and input, Karina. I really appreciate your help.

#4 2010-12-18 09:09:39

**_pointblank_**

thanks karina. that is very usefull.

Board footer