Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-08 15:01:54

**_Gregg7_**

AICC Tracking by pages viewed

I reviewed some of the documentation regarding LMS output.

I ran into an issue where I output content for AICC -- tracking completion by user viewing 80% of course content. 

After several "back and forth" communications with our LMS admin we finally got success with launching the content.  Part of our LMS testing process entails launching content and quitting after viewing a few slides. We do this to see if status has changed to "in progress".  On this occasion it was sucessful and we received the "in progress" status.  I relaunched the course to complete testing and the course would NOT load past the opening preloader screen.  Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thank you

#2 2010-12-09 05:25:25

**_amathur_**

Re: AICC Tracking by pages viewed

Can you share your project with vishesh@adobe.com for further investigation
Also can you tell which LMS are you using

#3 2010-12-09 08:15:27

**_Gregg7_**

Hi, thank you for your assistance.  I am unable to share files in my business environment because of corporate policy. We only utilize AICC. However, I can tell you that we're using PeopleSoft/Oracle 9.0 and the content is not hosted on the same server as the LMS.  I was reading some info regarding a frameset that might need to be used when the content is not hosted on the same server.  I'm going to look into that option today.  We do have a cross domain.xml file in use.  The good news is that I can get completion if I run through the content in one session, however if I quit out to view the "in progress" status  then relaunch course I receive the Presenter preloader and the course never reloads. 

Under Manage Quiz settings > Reporting there's settings for Adobe Connecy Pro, AICC and SCORM. 

Should I be selecting only AICC or Adobe Connect Pro?  I read in the livedocs that slecting Adobe Connect Pro (or Breeze for 5.0) will generate all of the required files for AICC.  I'm just a little confused on why there's separate options for AICC and SCORM when I am instructed to choose Adobe Conect Pro.

In addition, when using the frameset file, I recieve an error on the screen:

Line: 80
Char: 8
Error: 'saneSID' is undefined
Code:0
URL:http://testingenvironment/AICC_01_Pages_Viewed/AICC.htm

Last edited by **_Gregg7_** (2010-12-09 12:04:12)

#4 2010-12-13 04:53:12

**_amathur_**

Can you try installing the debug flash player and then running your course
If the course will not load you will get some assertions...kindly share the same at forum post OR vishesh@adobe.com

#5 2010-12-13 07:53:29

**_Gregg7_**

The content loads on the first view, however when re-launching the content, that's where the issue lies.  I'm at a loss here with installing flash debugger as my environment is so locked down that I do not have admin privilege.

Are there any other methods to determine the issue?

#6 2010-12-14 01:11:58

**_amathur_**

Hi Gregg,
             You need to install the debug flash Player on the client machine from which you are taking the course and seeing the issue
             If you are unable to do so can you share the link of the content along with any credential information required at vishesh@adobe.com

#7 2010-12-14 09:33:20

**_AChemey_**

Gregg7,

I believe the issue is caused by Oracle/PPS adding an extra carriage-return/line-feed in its response to the GetParam.  This is causing Captivate an error when trying to parse its return values.  I have been able to work-around this issue by wrapping content in a modified version of my SCORM-to-AICC wrapper - publishing the content as SCORM and using my wrapper to communicate with Oracle stripping out the extraneous carriage-return/line-feed.  Ultimately, the solution would be with Oracle to remove these extraneous characters.  I'll see if there is anything else that can happen to resolve this, though.

-Andrew

#8 2010-12-14 10:25:44

**_Gregg7_**

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply.  I'll forward this info to our LMS admin and developers.

Do you have an example or URL of your SCORM to AICC wrapper that you could share?  I'd be interested in looking into it as a possible solution. 

Gregg

#9 2010-12-14 10:36:30

**_AChemey_**

Gregg,

I am having technical difficulties with my webserver, so you'll have to contact me off-list for the template/example.  I hope to write an article on this - but need to balance my time.  :)

You can reach me at: Andrew AT LearningConsulting DOT com

Regards,

Andrew

#10 2010-12-16 12:16:16

**_Gregg7_**

Andrew, thank you again for your assistance, your solution worked wonders.

Board footer