Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-09 16:44:51

**_lfholland_**

Captivate 4 timeline issue

I am using the text to talk option and when I am in the captivate file, the voice speed seems to be fine.  Once published though, it still sounds fine, but takes less time.  For example, on the first slide, when I preview the slide in the actual captivate file, the voice speaks for 15 seconds.  After publishing (I've tried both .exe and htm files), it only takes the voice 10 seconds to say the same text.  It is very frustrating as you are sitting there for 5 seconds waiting on the slide to transition....  any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Laura

#2 2010-12-06 12:31:27

**_Captiv8r_**

Re: Captivate 4 timeline issue

Hi Laura

Have you double-checked your frame rate? Click Edit > Preferences > Project > Publish Settings to view/configure your settings.

Cheers... Rick :)

#3 2010-12-06 12:43:28

**_lfholland_**

Re: Captivate 4 timeline issue

Thank you for your response, Rick.  I went there and my settings are 30 frames per second.  I also have checked "Include mouse", "Include Audio", "Play tap audio for recorded typing" and "Enable Accessibility."    And then the actionscript version is AS2.  Not sure if the check boxes or the actionscript version would affect the rate in which the person speaks and I'm not sure what the proper frames per second should be. 

It seems that the speech is about 1-2 seconds ahead when published vs. when previewing directly in captivate.  So basically, I place the objects about where I think they should go, publish it, write down the start time of the slide, write down the actual time of when I want the object to appear/disappear and then edit the captivate file.  It's a real pain...

Any suggestions on what to change in the Publish settings would be appreciated.  Thanks again!!

Board footer