Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-18 12:28:11

**_esammons_**

Import soundtrack into Presenter

When I create my Powerpoint presentation, I can easily import a soundtrack and it will play across the entire presentation. However, when I publish the .pptx with Presenter, playback results in choppy audio transition between slides.  How can I prevent this from happening?

#2 2010-11-18 13:49:21

**_Daniel_**

Re: Import soundtrack into Presenter

Hello Sir,

That is the correct way for Presenter to import your audio - ie. that's the expected behavior. Presenter creates separate swf files for each slide and then plays them sequentially. So when you import audio into Presenter it will break it up into separate files. I am told that Captivate will allow you to import an audio file across an entire presentation, though I don't use Captivate.

#3 2010-11-19 01:46:36

**_Purnima_**

Please check the audio settings while publishing. Publish at 96kbps or above to have best quality Audio with Presenter.

#4 2010-11-19 11:21:29

**_esammons_**

Thanks...that's good practice.  It wasn't the issue with our situation, but nonetheless, good reminder.

#5 2010-11-22 16:55:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Captivate does allow you to have a background audio track, which is independent of the slides, and would probably provide the result you are looking for.

#6 2010-11-22 17:00:58

**_esammons_**

We are attempting to build some easy to deliver marketing pieces using Presenter.  We've created our ppt, complete with timings for transitions, imported the file into Captivate to preserve the flow, and now would like to drop the Captivate file into Presenter to publish as a .pdf for delivery.  When I attempt to bring back the .flv file as recommended, I get video but no audio.  Any ideas?

#7 2010-11-22 17:08:15

**_esammons_**

Jorma, you're right about Captivate for seamless transition.  The files that we've created are just what we're after.  However, I'd like to be able to use Presenter to create a .pdf for delivery.  I've taken Captivate's .swf files (which work as expected) and converted them to .flv (which work as expected), but now there is no audio with the inserted files... Any thoughts on that?

#8 2010-11-22 18:02:16

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Could be a publishing setting.

you might try the publish locally option and check the PDF box and author it out that way. See if that makes a difference.

Board footer