Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-19 11:36:20

**_malik_rahul_**

Shared Storage and Content Cache Size while installing

Hello,

We are deploying Adobe Connect Pro 7.5SP1 on a private cloud with one edge server and 2 origin servers (clustered) and a SQL Server in the back end.

Initially, I thought SQL Server can host content as well (as a file share) but after a call with Adobe Support, they told me that the SQL Server will not host any content. Having said that, I have a few queries:

1) My Edge and Origin are 60GB each. Will edge also stores some content?
2) Since I have 2 Origin Servers (Clustered) will they share content (replication) or is it that when one is full other will be utilized (I have a load balancer as well)
3) What is the use of Shared Storage paramater while installing? Is there a way I can utilize space on SQL Server for hosting content?Please advise in detail.
4) What does content cache size signify and what is the best practice in terms of what value should be given there? What will happen if its left blank?
5) Once I run out of space how can I add more space to my existing set up? please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Rahul

#2 2010-11-19 12:57:59

**_malik_rahul_**

Re: Shared Storage and Content Cache Size while installing

My SQL Server is on a separate m/c and has a fileshare as well.
I am wondering if I can have my fileshare drive mapped to Origin server  and perhaps use that as Shared storage?

Board footer