Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-10-12 13:11:12

**_cozbback_**

Searching existing meetings

Good day.  I've recently taken over as the Adobe Connect Admin and am picking it up pretty well, but I'm running into a time waster when it comes to locating meetings.  Since the end users have no idea how the structure is set up and they typically just click on a link to access their meetings, I have a difficult task of tracking down the existing meetings to add and remove users from.  The only search function that I've located only searches on saved material (archived meetings, slides, etc.) but nothing that will do a search for meeting names or even users that are associated with meetings.

So, my question is as follows.  Is there a way to do a search for a meeting that does not entail opening each sub directory and clicking on each meeting.  AND, is there a way to search for meetings that specific users are attending?

Thank you very much for any assistance that can be provided.

Cosby

#2 2010-10-12 13:40:59

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Searching existing meetings

If you have the URL you can go to Administration > Reports > Custom URL Management and look up the owner of a specific URL. Usually (although not always ...) the meeting resides in the owner's folder.

#3 2010-10-12 14:28:24

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Additionally, you should be able to use the Search feature in the upper right of the server GUI. Change the search parameters to "Search titles and descriptions" and then you can select Show: Meetings in the filters below. Then search for the room name and it should appear, and give you a link to the parent folder where it lives.

#4 2010-10-13 06:04:55

**_cozbback_**

tlchurch wrote:

If you have the URL you can go to Administration > Reports > Custom URL Management and look up the owner of a specific URL. Usually (although not always ...) the meeting resides in the owner's folder.

This scenario doesn't always work.  Not all of the meetings were set up with a custom URL that matches the name of the meeting, so I'm still searching though them all.

Thanks for the assist.

#5 2010-10-13 06:10:15

**_cozbback_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

Additionally, you should be able to use the Search feature in the upper right of the server GUI. Change the search parameters to "Search titles and descriptions" and then you can select Show: Meetings in the filters below. Then search for the room name and it should appear, and give you a link to the parent folder where it lives.

My search does not have any parameters that I can change.  While I'm on the server administration page, I have the search box in the upper right of the GUI.  I can put in my keyword(s) and click Search Content.  If this is a feature that can be turned on or off, then that should help with what I'm looking to do.

Now something that I failed to mention in my original post is that this is utilizing version 6 (603_r73 to be exact).  So I don't know if the feature that you mentioned is version specific or if it just wasn't set up correctly when the software was implemented.

Again, thanks.

#6 2010-10-13 16:09:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Ah, yes. The search feature was greatly improved in Connect 7. As I recall the search feature in 6 was not terribly useful.

It may be easiest to go to the Admin section and go to the Account Summary > Reports > Downloadable reports. From there you can download a report of all assets on the server (which includes Meeting rooms). From there you can, in Excel, filter the report to meeting rooms, see their name, and URL. From there you could then search the for the custom url, which may be something like "r12345678", and figure out where it lives based on who created it.

Other than that you may look to the Web Services doc for Connect 6, found here, and see if it would be easier to pull the information that way.

#7 2010-10-14 05:05:14

**_cozbback_**

That did the bulk of what I was looking for.  It isn't giving me the users who attend, but that is fine.  The meetings themselves are what is mostly looked for so I can cope with this and save time.

Thank you very much for the assistance!

Cosby

#8 2010-10-14 15:54:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Glad that worked (for the most part). Once you find the rooms, you can get the reports from it for who attended. That information should also be able to be pulled with the API documentation.

#9 2010-10-15 05:35:02

**_cozbback_**

Ah, that is most helpful.  Still requires a little legwork, but not nearly as bad as my options before.

Thanks again.

Cosby

Board footer