Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-12 10:06:13

**_jasonheffner_**

Problems with 7.5 installer

I've noticed several problems with the 7.5 installer and wanted to post and see if anyone else has experienced the same.

Here is a synopsis of the steps I took and what happened with the installer. I did a backup of the database before anything was done. I should have also did a system snapshot of the vm, and will make sure next time to not forget this step as it would have saved me from having to go to tape.

First Install:
    Install process completed, but noticed several directories missing. Found out that the temp directory wasn't large enough on C:/ to extract and install the files, and moved temp to F:/.

Second Install:
    Install process completed and I moved over files changes for our configuration. Adobe Connect Service wouldn't start and checked service log which indicated files missing.

Third Install:
    Watched carefully as installer installed jvm to appserv directory and then proceeded to backup and remove this directory before it continued the install; hence wiping out the jvm directory. After install complete I verified this by moving the jvm directory from the backup folder to appserv and the service successfully started.

Fourth Install:
    I made backups of all folders in I:\breeze and restored the 7.0 database. I ran the installer and when I verified it was again installing the jvm then removing it in the next process so I clicked cancel. The installer then removed all files under I:\, not just I:\breeze where I was installing. I am currently doing a restore of that drive to recover our development code.

I contacted Adobe support to let them know of the issue, but am busy restoring the 7.0 install on our development server. Has anyone else seen these type of problems with the installer?

#2 2009-11-12 12:00:04

**_jasonheffner_**

Re: Problems with 7.5 installer

Adobe confirmed issues with the installer and they are working on fixing and repackaging. I would highly recommend against canceling the installer at any point if you are using the current one Adobe sent out on DVD.. the side effects could be disastrous.

I'd wait for the new installer. If you don't then keep in mind you will need at least 1.5GB available in your temp folder or some files may not be copied, and you possibly will need to copy the jvm folder to appserv once the installer is finished from the backup folder the installer creates.

The Beta was very stable and look forward to the release once we can get it installed.

#3 2009-11-16 16:47:10

**_jasonheffner_**

The installer has been updated by Adobe and should now be available for download from https://licensing.adobe.com. It seems to have addressed all the issues I saw above, though does take awhile to extract the files from archive while installing.

technote: http://bit.ly/Ov5YI

Last edited by **_jasonheffner_** (2009-11-17 10:58:21)

#4 2010-09-22 16:30:08

**_shirazcity_**

does any one has a link to downlaod adobe connect pro 7.5 sp1 ?

#5 2010-09-22 18:50:17

**_jasonheffner_**

you'll find the download on the licensing site..

#6 2010-09-22 23:49:34

**_shirazcity_**

i dony have access to that. before we get it from adobe cnnect update.
can u put it somewhare i can download it?
thanks

#7 2010-09-23 15:16:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You must have a current Licensing agreement with Adobe to download the Connect application for installation onto a server. So, no, we can't put it somewhere for you to download.

Feel free to contact Adobe or a Connect reseller to purchase the application. Then you would be able to download it.

#8 2010-09-24 01:00:12

**_shirazcity_**

hi
look as we are living in iran they do not sell to us.
can u do me a favor?
get a trial version for me?
and give me the username and password?
thanks

Board footer