Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-08-30 09:47:04

**_acomeau_**

Which AICC data elements are supported?

Hi everyone,

I have a SCORM course that uses objectives to track whether or not a user has viewed certain resources within the course. I'm trying to make the course work in Adobe Connect. I have tried Andrew Chemey's tutorial (Developing SCORM Content for Use in Connect Pro: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … index.php) and it is not working for me. I suspect that I'm using some SCORM variables that just have no equivalent in Connect Pro.

Is there a Connect Pro reference that lists the AICC data elements that are supported? (i.e., which of the data elements listed on pages 12-14 of this document: http://www.aicc.org/docs/tech/cmi001v4.pdf)

#2 2010-09-14 07:06:52

**_AChemey_**

Re: Which AICC data elements are supported?

acomeau,

You can either contact me off-list or enable debugging and post the results.  I'm not quite sure if the debugging will help determine your issue.  Can you let me know what "not working for me" means?

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew AT LearningConsulting DOT com

#3 2010-09-14 11:05:17

**_acomeau_**

We've decided to only track status and time taken for this project, so this issue is no longer a problem for me. I'm sure there are others who would benefit from knowing the answer, though; here is what the program used to do:

The program calls some Javascript that executes this SCORM 1.2 tracking code to create an objective, set its ID to some alphanumeric string and set its status to incomplete:

// n is an integer and arr[n] is a string
API.LMSSetValue("cmi.objectives."+n+".id", arr[n]);
API.LMSSetValue("cmi.objectives."+n+".status", __keyword_incomplete);

API.LMSCommit();

Then later on it would set the status of an objective to completed as the user does certain tasks.

In the SCORM to Connect tutorial, I noticed in the LMSSetValue function of SCORM12toAICC.js that there is no cmi.objectives case. That was what made me wonder if an equivalent to cmi.objectives exists in Adobe Connect's AICC environment, and also if there is a reference somewhere that lists Adobe Connect's supported AICC data elements.

Thanks, I appreciate your response.
-acomeau

#4 2010-09-14 11:38:33

**_AChemey_**

acomeau,

Adobe Connect does not support objectives.  It's probably not as explicit as you'd like (and it is a bit dated/out-of-date) but you can check out this article for AICC data elements:  http://www.adobe.com/resources/breeze/t … print.html

As you noticed in my SCORM-to-Connect scripts, support for objectives isn't in there (though I hope it's there but does not send data, so that no errors are returned).

Regards,

Andrew

#5 2010-09-14 11:49:29

**_acomeau_**

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

The SCORM-to-Connect scripts do not return errors when you try to set an invalid data element; they just ignore unknown items.

Board footer