Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-09-07 07:04:54

**_StevieGeef_**

Hot Spot Question - CAPTIVATE 3

Hi there

I've created a hot spot question slide.  I've limited the number of hot spots to one.  However, unless I tick the 'only allow clicks on the hot spot area', users can click and have multiple icons flashing to show where they've clicked.

It seems that they must CLICK again to switch off a hot spot.  Is there any way of customising these options? 

Thanks

#2 2010-09-13 16:00:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Hot Spot Question - CAPTIVATE 3

Unfortunately, this question does have it's short comings. The only two options are to only allow users to click on the hot spots or to allow the users to click anywhere. This means that they either just get to click around on the slide until they find the correct answer(s) or they can click anywhere and probably never get the question correct.

In the end, the easiest solution is to either accept one of the two scenarios for this question type, or to find another way to ask your question with one of the other question types provided. This question type's functionality hasn't changed through Captivate 5. However with Captivate 4 or 5 there is the added ability to create question widgets, so you could custom build your own question types if you felt so inclined. This may allow you to create a hot spot question that works the way you want.

Board footer