Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-08-25 08:57:56

**_jdonaldson_**

Captivate 5 Daisy Chain / Connect Pro

I have 10 Captivate Modules daisy chained together. Each slide in these files has a forward and next button which has to be clicked before the slide progresses to the next. Each chained module is actually a chapter for a course. Some of the modules / chapters are for informational purposes and do not contain any scoreable objects like quizzes. I want it setup to where the user has to complete each chapters before they are allowed to move to the next. Essentially when the last slide is viewed and closed the module / chapter is marked as complete. The problem I am having is that if a Captivate modules does not have a quiz when the user finishes the chapter will be marked as in progress instead of complete thus not allowing the user to go to the next section. I have tried marking all of the quiz reporting options under preferences. Nothing works.

Any ideas as how to make a informational captivate module marked as complete.

#2 2010-08-25 20:12:28

**_AChemey_**

Re: Captivate 5 Daisy Chain / Connect Pro

There are several ways you could do this.  One is to add a clickbox to the end of each Captivate file - sort of like a "click here to continue".  That clickbox would be set up by you as a trackable iteam (interaction).  You could also create a Flash-based wrapper to launch each Captivate file and setup a watch for when you transition from one Captivate file to another.  I have provided an article for AS2-based Captivate file (that I am actively working on updating for AS3) which is available on the ConnectUsers site.

-Andrew

#3 2010-08-26 12:02:42

**_jdonaldson_**

I tried the click box with reporting set and it still does not mark the module as complete. I am using Captivate 5 which is AC 3 only so the AC2 wrapper will not work. My action scripting knowledge is limited so I am not even sure I could get a wrapper to work.

I am going to totally have to rethink my work flow if I can not get a module without a quiz to mark as complete. I am starting to wonder if this is a Captivate 5 issue.

Last edited by **_jdonaldson_** (2010-08-26 12:53:39)

#4 2010-08-26 15:49:15

**_AChemey_**

jdonaldson,

I have validated this works in Captivate 5.  Make sure you have the "Include in Quiz" checked for any of the clickbox, buttons or text-entry fields that you are using to set "completion" in your files.  If this is not checked, the clickbox field won't affect the LMS tracking and in fact the publish process won't generate the required HTM or other LMS-specific files.

Also, since you are using "Next" buttons, maybe (once you get this LMS tracking to work) you can just enable "Include in Quiz" for the button that launches your next file.  Depending on your need, you can also set a clickbox in the beginning (as a click anywhere to continue) or attached to the first "Next" button and then include in quiz for the last button (to launch the next file).  This will set the file to "incomplete" when they first enter the file (and click on the clickbox/button) and then the file will be set as "completed" when they click the second or last clickbox/button.

Regards,

Andrew

#5 2010-08-26 16:02:53

**_jdonaldson_**

I solved the problem. I do not even need a click box I could have used a button. What was happening was that I had pass or fail under the quiz settings set at 80%. There was only one reporting item in the whole module. Since there was only one item there was now way to get a 80% score or higher. So I changed the pass or fail options to record points instead of percentages with one point being a passing score. I then made the click box report 1 point. So now when the user clicks the continue to next module click box they pass and can move on to the next section in Connect Pro. A button can have reporting set the same as a click box so that is what I am going to use.

I knew there had to be some setting that was messing things up. :)

#6 2010-08-26 16:05:39

**_jdonaldson_**

AChemey wrote:

jdonaldson,

I have validated this works in Captivate 5.  Make sure you have the "Include in Quiz" checked for any of the clickbox, buttons or text-entry fields that you are using to set "completion" in your files.  If this is not checked, the clickbox field won't affect the LMS tracking and in fact the publish process won't generate the required HTM or other LMS-specific files.

Also, since you are using "Next" buttons, maybe (once you get this LMS tracking to work) you can just enable "Include in Quiz" for the button that launches your next file.  Depending on your need, you can also set a clickbox in the beginning (as a click anywhere to continue) or attached to the first "Next" button and then include in quiz for the last button (to launch the next file).  This will set the file to "incomplete" when they first enter the file (and click on the clickbox/button) and then the file will be set as "completed" when they click the second or last clickbox/button.

Regards,

Andrew

Thanks for the help. I was typing my response at the same time as you.

Board footer