Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-09 18:49:09

**_pamann_**

Anyone actively monitoring hosted account?

Hello folks,

Is anyone actively monitoring the service availability? We just recently rolled out the hosted Connect service campus-wide at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.

We're interested in receiving advance notice of service outages in order to communicate with our user population and escalate to Adobe as efficiently as possible. Just to be clear, we're not expecting service outages, just want to be prepared when such events occur. :)

I'm interested in sharing ideas with others.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Peter M. (UW-Madison)

Last edited by **_pamann_** (2009-11-10 14:40:24)

#2 2010-07-15 13:43:03

**_antmuzic_**

Re: Anyone actively monitoring hosted account?

They will notify whoever the main owner of the account is via email for planned downtimes.  Unplanned outages will occur with no communication of explanation - at least that's my experience.

Good luck.

-adam

#3 2010-08-24 13:42:57

**_pamann_**

Re: Anyone actively monitoring hosted account?

Hi Adam,

Yes, we do receive notifications about planned maintenance events. And, I can readily confirm a similar experience with unplanned outages - no communication/explanation/anything. We've experienced one such event that interrupted a regular meeting and only learned about a problem at the hosting center after escalating to Adobe. This was a frustrating experience for everyone.

We set up our monitoring service to access a URL (http://<site>.na4.acrobat.com/servlet/testbuilder) as a means to receive early warning about any unexpected issues. So far, we've experienced no events that triggered this monitor.

Thanks for your response.

Best of luck to you as well.

Best regards,
Peter

Board footer