Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-07-07 07:36:50

**_donutman925_**

Background Image

Is there a way to insert an image into slides that have already been created to use as a background instead of just a white background?

#2 2010-07-07 10:40:58

**_Ajack_**

Re: Background Image

Donutman-

I generally insert the image normally and hit Control+M, which merges the image into the background.  That way you don't have to use the timeline, and your other elements will still be on top.

#3 2010-07-08 08:17:28

**_donutman925_**

Is there a way to edit the html file that the captivate movies "sit on" to include an image in it so I can use that as the background and upload it connect?

Update!!!
The reason I ask is I have figured out how to add my own image to the html file that is created when you publish a file using the flash option that also exports html files. Problem is though when I upload the html to connect there is no tracking of usage/quiz etc. for it when I click the reports tab. And that's what I need is to have the reports working.

Last edited by **_donutman925_** (2010-07-08 10:47:15)

#4 2010-07-08 13:13:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Do you have the tracking set to report to Adobe Connect? When you say it is not tracking, are you referring to the tracking of the interactions with the content or the user specific info (Pass/Fail, etc)? If you are looking for user specific tracking you would need the Training Module for Connect.

#5 2010-07-08 15:21:06

**_donutman925_**

I'm referring to the Reports button on Connect where you can "track" the people that have taken the courses and see if they have completed certain slides, what they scored on the quiz etc.

When you publish it as a flash it creates a folder on the desktop with all the files in it including the html page. There is no captivate file in this folder. What I tried in this test run was to zip the folder and went into my content folder on adobe connect and added the zipped folder as new content. When you do this however it automatically decides that the file type should be adobe captivate. When you open up the file on connect to view it everything works but the html page with my background just comes up as a plain white background.

I tried turning the first html file into a course to see if it would report the results of the quiz etc into the reports tab on adobe connect but it doesn't.

I think the only way it can be done is to put the images/content you want on the captivate slides onto a pre-designed background in say photoshop and save it as a jpeg so the image/content and the background are merged and import into a captivate slide.

It would be nice to create a master template the bleads out into the dead space of a captivate movie

#6 2010-07-08 17:07:52

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

So, are we still talking about the background image, or tracking? I'm confused.

As to the background image, that can be done with the Skin Editor, or as you said, by importing the image in to the library and then assigning it to the slide background. You can however, create a Captivate Template file to use to have the look and feel that you are looking for. There is a good video tutorial in the Getting Started Tutorials section when you open Cp.

For the reporting side, go into Edit > Preferences. Then go to Quiz > Reporting and ensure that the check box to have reporting turned on is checked. That will enable reporting, and if you have Adobe Connect selected it will report correctly to Connect. It may output some extra HTM and XSD files.

#7 2010-07-27 23:28:48

**_haidivolum_**

Thank you for your helping.

Board footer