Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-27 10:19:52

**_freddie.tilley_**

Setting permissions of newly created folder

I use the xml api to create a custom folder in the /Content/Shared Content/ folder.
After this I add custom permissions to this folder.

But when checking the results in Connect Pro, I see that the folder has the Same as parent folder permission.

Only when I hit the customize button I see all the permissions I have set via the xml api.

Is there a inherit from parent flag I need to disable with the xml api before my customized permissions will work by default?

--
Freddie

#2 2010-05-06 02:46:42

**_duncanlyon_**

Re: Setting permissions of newly created folder

I have the same question.

Did you work out the answer, Freddie?

#3 2010-05-06 03:25:30

**_freddie.tilley_**

If I remember correctly, if you set the permissions of a folder for the principal "public-access" to "denied" it should work.

#4 2010-05-06 03:35:25

**_duncanlyon_**

Based on a simple test, it does appear that the custom permissions are respected, even though the Adobe Connect user interface displays "Current Setting:  Same as parent folder".

If you click on the "Customize" button in the user interface the custom permissions that are set via API are shown and retained.  However, you do not need to click on the Customize button for these custom permissions to have effect - they are respected before clicking the button in the UI.

I've only done a quick test, so this may not be conclusive.  Further testing and comments welcome from others.

#5 2010-05-06 03:46:00

**_duncanlyon_**

freddie.tilley wrote:

If I remember correctly, if you set the permissions of a folder for the principal "public-access" to "denied" it should work.

Just tried this and it didn't seem to change the "Current Setting:  Same as parent folder" message in the UI. 

Perhaps there is a slight variation of the method you suggested that works?

However, as per my subsequent post, it appears that the custom permissions are respected even though the GUI says differently.

Thanks for your quick response!

Duncan.

#6 2010-05-06 19:53:45

**_duncanlyon_**

Freddie - I take my comment back! You were correct - there was a bug in my code.

Just need to call the permissions-update API with the following arguments and the "Current Setting:  Same as parent folder" disappears:

principal-id=public-access
permission-id=remove

Similarly, if you update the permissions for a meeting this way, you remove guest access.

Thanks for your help!

Duncan.

Board footer