Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-05-04 10:25:41

**_mikikian_**

Replacing Human moderator with computer program

Hi everyone,

Is Connect Pro's API flexible enough to facilitate replacing a human moderator of a web conference call with a computer program? For example, I would like to create a program where person 1 speaks for 30 seconds, then the program turns off her microphone and then turns on person 2's mic, where he can speak for 30 seconds, etc.

I realize this is not functionality built out of the box. I would like to know if it is even feasible.

Thanks in advance!

- Michael

#2 2010-05-04 13:46:38

**_anhyzer_**

Re: Replacing Human moderator with computer program

To the best of my knowledge, the API does not have any calls that affect a running meeting (i.e., FMS). The API is primarily for managing the Connect application server. So you can use the API to do things like create a user, create a meeting, edit the parameters of the meeting, add users as Host, Presenter, Participant to a meeting, and launch a meeting (among other things). But once the meeting is launched, the API is no longer useful.

--Chris

#3 2010-05-04 18:22:34

**_clexpert_**

Re: Replacing Human moderator with computer program

mikikian wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is Connect Pro's API flexible enough to facilitate replacing a human moderator of a web conference call with a computer program? For example, I would like to create a program where person 1 speaks for 30 seconds, then the program turns off her microphone and then turns on person 2's mic, where he can speak for 30 seconds, etc.

I realize this is not functionality built out of the box. I would like to know if it is even feasible.

Thanks in advance!

- Michael

What about RTMP used for the Connect Pro communication? I think that there is a way. You can capture the communication, and simulate this one...

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/rtmp/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_ … g_Protocol

Petr Zahradnik

Board footer