Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-02-28 19:46:53

**_size16_**

Success Captions over FLV video - possible bug?

Is this a bug?

I have a quiz which has an embedded flv video set to display for the whole project. I would like the success captions to be displayed over the flv video.

This works fine when the flv video is set to display only for the duration of the slide - but when it's set to display for the whole project the success captions display under the flv and cannot be seen.

I need the flv to display for the whole project as otherwise the playhead on the flv returns to the beginning on each question slide. (annoying for the quiztaker)

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Andrew

#2 2010-03-02 09:10:39

**_Captiv8r_**

Re: Success Captions over FLV video - possible bug?

Hi Andrew

Have you tried configuring the FLV to synchronize with project? You do this by double-clicking the FLV placeholder, then clicking the Options tab. If the option "Pause slide till end of video" is selected, you need to de-select it. Then the synchronization option should become available.

If for some reason that doesn't seem to help, about all I can think of to suggest is to place the feedback captions in a location where the FLV doesn't obscure them.

Cheers... Rick :)

#3 2010-03-03 22:51:18

**_size16_**

Re: Success Captions over FLV video - possible bug?

Hi Captiv8r,

Thanks for the response. You seem to be single-handedly keeping this forum alive. Keep it up! Unfortunatley that didn't work.

I am positioning the captions elsewhere. It's unfortunate as the flv takes up a lot of screen real estate and the natural place for the captions is ontop of the video.

In the options for the flv the 'place opject on top' check box is ticked but greyed out  -  so I can't access it. I don't know if this is to do with the way I'm generating the flv files. Maybe that's something I can try - generating them a different way.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Andrew

Board footer