Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-22 10:50:20

**_nigelhudson_**

Picture-in-Picture participant Aware Video Pod

Have a picture in picture video pod that shrinks the users own video broadcast size while maintaining the other participants. Similar to every other internet video conference system Webex, Skype, MSN, iChat, Google Chat etc.

There is no need for a broadcaster to see his or her own video broadcast at the same size as the other video feeds. This should be a quarter of the size and if possible picture-in-picture thus freeing up valuable screen real-estate.

This is a critical feature missing in Adobe Connect.

#2 2009-12-22 11:09:39

**_pafell_**

Re: Picture-in-Picture participant Aware Video Pod

Along the same line, I'd like to have the ability to configure the system so there is a single video feed that switches between presenters based on voice-activation.  That way we don't need to have two or three cameras broadcasting video when only one presenter is actively speaking.

#3 2010-02-16 21:26:05

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

pafell wrote:

Along the same line, I'd like to have the ability to configure the system so there is a single video feed that switches between presenters based on voice-activation.  That way we don't need to have two or three cameras broadcasting video when only one presenter is actively speaking.

There are software based video switchers that work with voice activated cameras that can do this. Connect see the switcher as just one camera, even though there could be 5+ cameras running, etc.  I saw a recording of it once, worked like a charm. I don't have the info of the rig they used, however :(

#4 2010-02-16 21:27:05

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

nigelhudson wrote:

Have a picture in picture video pod that shrinks the users own video broadcast size while maintaining the other participants. Similar to every other internet video conference system Webex, Skype, MSN, iChat, Google Chat etc.

There is no need for a broadcaster to see his or her own video broadcast at the same size as the other video feeds. This should be a quarter of the size and if possible picture-in-picture thus freeing up valuable screen real-estate.

This is a critical feature missing in Adobe Connect.

Hang tight on this request...;)

#5 2010-02-17 09:50:29

**_pafell_**

Hi Sean,
I'm not sure I understand your response.  Would software-based video switching software be able to tell Connect that if I have audio set for "One Speaker" and I have presenters in, say, Atlanta and Miami (both with webcams) that when the presenter in Atlanta starts speaking that the Camera and Voice Pod will show the Atlanta presenter's cam and then later when the Miami presenter starts speaking it would switch the Camera & Voice Pod to show the Miami presenter's cam?  If so, that's impressive software.  Would be interested in hearing more or if you have the name of the vendor that would be great.

Thanks!
-Paul

#6 2010-02-17 12:29:49

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Let me look around.

The tool work in conjunction with special cameras that pick-up the audio, which triggers the switching.

Board footer