**_skosta_**

Captivate 4 freezing up and loosing completed work

***sorry in advance for the long explanation***

I am running into issues with the Captivate 4 project I

#2 2010-02-01 10:47:21

**_Captiv8r_**

Re: Captivate 4 freezing up and loosing completed work

Hi there

Where is your project when you are making edits to it? Is it on your local C drive or is on a network share?

If your project is on a network share, exit out of it, copy it to your local C drive and re-open it from the C drive.

Cheers... Rick :)

#3 2010-02-01 10:49:41

**_Captiv8r_**

Oops...

Sorry, forgot to add that you are in very hazardous territory if you are planning on your project reaching 200 slides. As a broad and general rule of thumb guideline, we recommend that the "sweet spot" for projects keeps them at a 50-65 slide upper limit. Once in a while you might get lucky and reach as many as 150 slides, but those are rare.

I've seen projects that are simply too large at 30 slides. It all depends on the mix of objects and how you have put them together.

#4 2010-02-01 13:33:00

**_skosta_**

Thanks for the advice.  I was able to recreate the issue and the error message I received was:

"Unable to load wingenerator.dll"

Any idea what that means?

Oh and I am working off of a C:Drive document not on a network drive...

Last edited by **_skosta_** (2010-02-01 13:34:00)

#5 2010-02-01 15:18:09

**_Captiv8r_**

I've never seen that message myself. I'll be happy to ask the Captivate team and see if they respond to me on it.

Also, what is your Operating System? XP? Vista? Windows 7?
And are you running as an administrator?

#6 2010-02-01 17:07:41

**_skosta_**

XP... i think i may have figured out my issue... i think the clipboard was getting bogged down with images because i was copy and pasting.  today i ended up inserting image from a folder of saved images and it worked with no hiccups!

It would still be interesting to know what the error message is for.

#7 2010-02-01 19:04:16

**_Captiv8r_**

Hi again

That would seem to make sense. Just looking at the message, I'm thinking it may mean "Window Generator", which would relate to graphic images.

Glad you got it sorted and I'll be happy to report back if and when my Adobe contact replies to me.

Board footer