Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-26 18:27:52

**_javieralonso_**

Adobe hosted service license metrics

Hi,

I've been doing some research about the matter, but I'm not completely sure I understand it. Support from Adobe on Connect Pro lacks minimum quality, IMHO.

If i purchase online a hosted service from adobe with one host, how many concurrent users does the system support? How many simultaneous meetings does the system support? And, will I be able to record a meeting for further replay?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-01-27 08:38:03

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Adobe hosted service license metrics

I believe you purchase by type of license - concurrency (number of users in any meeting at a given time) or named user (each user can host one meeting of up to 50 attendees simultaneously). So the answer to your first question is "whatever you buy".

Yes, meetings can be recorded.

#3 2010-01-27 12:36:11

**_javieralonso_**

Adobe states that you buy the hosted service in a "per host" basis

With a concurrency license... how many simultaneous users and meetings does any single "host" grant?

Thanks

#4 2010-01-27 13:18:49

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Actually, the monthly subscription plan is not the  Concurrent User licensing model, it's actually the Named Organizer licensing model. This means that each Meeting Host can have up to 100 attendees in their Meeting Room at any given time. Each Meeting Host can have 1 Meeting Room going at a time. That being said, it's a fixed plan, you don't really have a choice.

That being said, each Host is $45.00 per month for an 'Annual Plan'  and $55.00 per month for the 'Monthly Plan', a plan that can be canceled at any time. As far as I know, either of the aforementioned plans can have maximum of 9 Meeting Hosts.

To give you a clearer picture, let's say that your monthly account has 5 Meeting Hosts. That means that each of the 5 Meeting Hosts on your account can host a Meeting Room at any given time of up to 100 attendees. Each Meeting Host must be present in their own Meeting Room, and these Meeting Rooms can be running at the same time.

Does that make better sense?

#5 2010-01-27 15:17:48

**_javieralonso_**

I can't imagine why Adobe does not explain things this way. Cristal clear.

But now, I remember something found in this forum when doing my own research to understand the licensing model:

"It sounds like you purchased one Named Organizer license to host meetings of up to 100 attendees. Unless you also purchased a Hosted Access License, you don't have the ability to store any content on the server itself, so no space at all, as it requires an additional license. But if you're simply asking how big of a file that you can upload into a Share Pod within your Meeting Room, the answer to that is 102 MB."

Does it mean that I have to purchase another license in order to record meetings for later replay? There is another feature unavailable in the hosted service or subject to aditional license fees?

Thanks for the useful help.

#6 2010-01-27 15:35:33

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

There is no additional licensing that needs to be purchased if you want to store recorded meetings, that comes standard. You can record every meeting and store it. Again, I'm not too familiar with the monthly Acrobat Connect Pro structure, but if it works the same way as a standard Hosted account purchased through a reseller (such as myself), storing recorded meetings requires no additional licensing.

What is being referenced above are what are called Hosted Access Licenses. They enable you to store content on the server for on-demand access. Content meaning PowerPoint files, PDF's, FLV's, etc.

I hope that clarifies.

#7 2010-01-27 15:57:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

For what it's worth, here is what Adobe has listed on their site when you purchase the monthly plan:

Features
    *  Hassle-free web meetings
    * Up to 100 attendees per meeting
    * VoIP
    * Persistent content in meeting rooms
    * Meeting recordings
    * Comprehensive account management
    * Convenient credit card billing
    * No setup fee
    * Unlimited usage (see note below)
    * 24x7 in meeting support

Can be found here