Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-20 15:11:38

**_mburns_**

Screen Share Latency in CP 7.5

We are new to Adobe Connect.  One of the ways we use it is to provide remote support.  Our struggle is with the latency - we are seeing 2-3 seconds of latency between when something is clicked on the remote desktop, and when our Host/User sees it. Things we've done to troubleshoot:
1. Remove/reinstall Connect Pro Add-in.
2. Modify Room Bandwidth setting from LAN to DSL/Cable.
3. Modify Optimize Screen Sharing setting - tried all settings.

When I tested this morning on our LAN, my speeds on my two machines were measuring between 4.5-4.7Mbps download, and 2mbps upload.

Is this normal?  This is proving very problematic for our remote support sessions - that kind of latency can cause you not to trust whether you've really clicked on something.  We have used WebEx and GoToMeeting in the past, and never have experienced this kind of latency. 

Tell me, is this normal?

#2 2010-01-20 15:40:29

**_gajett_**

Re: Screen Share Latency in CP 7.5

are you hosted or licensed??
is your organization running any sort of QoS or prioritization on Connect traffic?

especially within a LAN, your delay is not normal.  you may need to prioritize the Connect traffic.

a screen share is typically quite low, as far as bandwidth.  If you are licensed, and have the capability you might want to check out monitoring the (hardware) switch port(s) your Connect install uses.  It's really quite interesting to see how efficient Connect is.

Greg

#3 2010-01-21 09:06:37

**_mburns_**

Re: Screen Share Latency in CP 7.5

We are hosted. 

I'm not sure about QoS within our corporate network - following up with our network administrators.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Board footer