Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-02 15:47:43

**_tmaciag_**

Linking .flv files from Comnnect Server to a Captivate file?

We have loaded several .flv files to or connect server, and we are trying to insert them into a Captivate project, but they will not play.

We are choosing 'progressive download', and we have tried entering the http://addr as supplied by the Connect server, we have also tried relative paths as '..\folder\filename.flv' and having no luck.

Is there something simple we're missing?

Thanks !

#2 2009-10-05 13:29:40

**_reeper_**

Re: Linking .flv files from Comnnect Server to a Captivate file?

Is there a user or permission thing in play here.  Is the flv file in a location that requires authentication?

#3 2009-10-08 14:06:25

**_roysdenc_**

Are you trying to play the Captivate inside or outside of Connect.  The FMS that is part of Connect only has certain functionality, and from what I have seen posted, it cannot be used to host .flv files for use outside of Connect.

#4 2009-10-09 15:48:13

**_tmaciag_**

- No authentication issues

- We are trying to link .flv files that are on a Connect server to a Captivate file that is also being published to the same server but no luck.

I have seen forum posts about 'use absolute file paths' etc but i have tried various combinations and no luck.  Have tried all 3 options in the embed FLV window ('Progressive Download', 'Streaming Video' and 'Flash Streaming service')  for the rtmp:// link I have tried a sample file from a different FMS, and I have tried an http:// link from our connect server but no luck.

Basically when the flv files are embedded directly into the Captivate file and then published to the Connect server, it goes over the 100MB limit, so we want to host each of the .flv files somewhere (either rtmp:// or http://) and then be able to publish the file to the Connect server so it doesn't go over the 100MB limit - does that make sense, and how do we do it?

#5 2010-01-20 12:05:44

**_asebree_**

I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem?  I have having a similar issue.  I have a .flv file that will not play within a Captivate module in ConnectPro.  I have loaded the video as separate content onto ConnectPro.  It has it's own URL and allows public access.  I created a button in Captivate to link to the video.  I selected settings on the button for the URL to open in a new window, and for the training to continue to play.  When the button is clicked, it closes out the original training window so at the end of the video they cannot continue with the training.  Any suggestions?  Is there a better way to do this?  Or do you know if I simply have some incorrect settings causing the training window to close?

Board footer