Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-16 17:40:20

**_deanbush_**

Using Connect Pro to Securely Share Files - Error/Help/Flaw

David Yun created:  Using Connect Pro to Securely Share Files
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

I cannot have guest access to my room, it must be authenticated.

I follow the instructions.
I login as administrator, create the room,set the files in the room, leave the room ( not end meeting)
Add group and give them presenter.
Auto promote users to presenter,
To test, I login as regular user. Works fine for a SHORT period of time.

Later, when a regular user attempts to enter the room, the message is:
This meeting has not started.

Admin goes into room, leaves. User goes into room message eventually pops up that admin has left the room... meeting will end in tick.tick.tick...

All meeting rooms have a time limit of 12:45 hrs so I don't know how to make them unlimited.

I don't think it makes a difference that my room is hosted by Adobe.com???

Please advise.

dean.bushmiller@training411.com

#2 2010-01-18 13:37:38

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Using Connect Pro to Securely Share Files - Error/Help/Flaw

This is because your account license is for a meeting hosts (named organizer). The way the licensing works, is that a member of the Meeting Host group must be present for the meeting room to run. So if no one from that group is in the room  you get the message that the meeting has not started.

The room will continue to work for a period of time after the host leaves, if you don't lock the room, but this is so you can lose internet connectivity and still come back into the room with all your participants. The room will likely stay open for 7-10 min at most after you leave.

As to the 12:45 time limit, I'm not sure where you are getting that number, but if it is from the Start time and Duration you can set for the room on the admin side, understand this: The Start Time and Duration settings have NO control over when the room is create/deleted/used. It is only for the internal calendar tool for Connect, and the auto-generated emails that can come out of Connect.

Where you account is hosted has no bearing on how your licenses work.

Does that help?

#3 2010-01-18 16:26:19

**_deanbush_**

Jorma,
Yes it helps a bit...
"account license is for a meeting hosts"
So what kind of account license would allow the functionality or is there a work around?

#4 2010-01-19 10:07:22

**_dyun_**

There are two license models for Connect Pro Meeting.  Named User, where each meeting host has their own individual license to host meetings.  The other is a Concurrent User model where an account can have as many users as they want in the account but only X number of users can be logged into a meeting at any one time.  You need the latter licensing model (concurrent) to make this work.

#5 2010-01-19 17:02:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

David is correct, you would be best off talking to your reseller about pricing for the different model to see if it makes sense to change your account come renewal time.

As an alternative, you can always use the Content library to distribute your files. You can set up permissions for the content just as you can for a meeting room, and the content will have it's own, unique URL for access. Just assign the individual user accounts to view permissions for the content and they will be able to access it whenever is needed.

Board footer