Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-14 16:35:26

**_jbhan_**

Create a meeting with a template

Hi,

I am using the api to create a Meeting. The api doc says that the meeting can be created as public, private or protected. And that can be set after creating the meeting using the action permissions-update.

The part I am confused about is templates. According to the api if no template sco-id is passed the meeting is created with default template. In the adobe connect manager the templates also have different radio buttons to set the access. My question is when a meeting is created what is the right way to set the access using the template used to create the meeting or explicitly setting the access using permissions-update.

I am new to adobe connect and so please excuse if the answer is obvious.
Appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,

Juhi

#2 2010-01-15 12:51:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Create a meeting with a template

When you create a meeting from a Template room, it copies the look of the room. The permissions are independent of that template. You can set the room to any of the three permissions levels when you create it, and can modify it to be a different level of permissions once the room is created.

The default setting for permissions is that the room is set to "Only registered users and accepted guests may enter the meeting room". This will be the default setting no matter what template you select. So, if you want a different permission level for the room,  you just need to specify it when you create it.

Board footer