Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-17 16:04:38

**_momentum1_**

Desktop Sharing: 100 MB+ Powerpoint file with audio/slides

Will I have any issues in sharing a 100 MB power point file w/80 participants through desktop sharing?

Would this take a long time to load on user computers?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

#2 2009-12-17 19:09:00

**_dyun_**

Re: Desktop Sharing: 100 MB+ Powerpoint file with audio/slides

If you are using screensharing file size doesn't matter.  The thing that is going to matter is how much "visual data" each slide contains.  If there are a lot of colors, animation, graphics, it will utilize more bandwidth/CPU for each user's Flash Player to render but it should still be OK.  There are techniques for handling this through the screen share settings accessible from:

Meeting > Room Performance & Appearance > Optimize Screensharing

What you enter in here will determine the fidelity of the image, render time, and CPU utilization, but again since you are sharing slides through screensharing instead of uploading, file size is not so relevant.

Hope this Helps,
David

#3 2009-12-22 09:25:09

**_gsniperx_**

I recently had to use vista's program to do that and it worked alright.

#4 2010-01-15 08:53:31

**_RichardNosely_**

dyun wrote:

If you are using screensharing file size doesn't matter.  The thing that is going to matter is how much "visual data" each slide contains.  If there are a lot of colors, animation, graphics, it will utilize more bandwidth/CPU for each user's Flash Player to render but it should still be OK.  There are techniques for handling this through the screen share settings accessible from:

Meeting > Room Performance & Appearance > Optimize Screensharing

What you enter in here will determine the fidelity of the image, render time, and CPU utilization, but again since you are sharing slides through screensharing instead of uploading, file size is not so relevant.

Hope this Helps,
David

Thanks David that's a really helpful explanation. I've only just noticed the optimize screensharing section because of your post which is going to be very helpful to me in the future. Also gsniperx you say that it worked for you on vista, but I've found that it doesn't work so well for me on vista but works perfectly on windows 7.

Have a look at the tinnitus miracle system aka fat burning furnace with diet solution review to help yourself.

Last edited by **_RichardNosely_** (2011-07-14 12:13:54)

Board footer