Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-11 06:41:15

**_dotnetster_**

Integrating Adobe Connect Pro into an Existing Website

Wow,

Do I get a prize for being the first poster!? 

I actually have a real question too.  I was wondering what peoples' experiences are like with integrating Connect Professional into an existing website.  I read somewhere that it is possible to call web services?  In my case I would like to be able to display a list of upcoming events from within my website - the website uses the Joomla content management system, so it's php/mysql. 

Does anyone have any sample code that I could have a look at.  There is some in the resources section of the adobe connect site, but it's all jsp stuff, which is not my area of expertise.

Thanks,

Ross McLoughlin

Last edited by **_dotnetster_** (2007-09-11 06:45:26)

#2 2007-09-11 08:26:59

**_dotnetster_**

Re: Integrating Adobe Connect Pro into an Existing Website

Update: I've just been on the phone to Adobe.  The guy at the end of the phone said that "he thinks" it is only possible to integrate Connect into an existing website if you host the application within your own company (in other words, when it is not hosted by Adobe).  Surely this is not the case! 

When I asked the guy if I could get the email of the Connect expert, he replied that they don't give out email addresses.  Anyone know anyone in the Connect division that could give me a difinitive answer?

Thanks...

#3 2007-09-11 11:12:00

**_bwc_**

I would definitely be interested in offering our Connect based (and Adobe-hosted) Virtual Seminar Archives (recorded Connect sessions) through our website to our customers. It would be phenomenal to be able to embed a Connect/Flash player, at specified sizes, into a page that we could serve (but where the content was being drawn from Adobe's servers).

Make this vote number two for Connect integration with our company's website.

#4 2007-09-11 12:47:57

**_jkruper_**

We (Cardean Learning Group) currently utilize an Adobe ASP-license for our Connect implementation, and yes, it is possible to embed the service into an existing website. We wrote all custom (Java) code to interconnect our proprietary portal with the hosted Connect environment. You can get a flavor for that implementation at http://my.ellis.nyit.edu/myellis/index.jsp .

Edited to add: In the url above, look to the "Webcasts" portlet in the right-side column.

Last edited by **_jkruper_** (2007-09-11 12:51:25)

#5 2007-09-11 15:27:23

**_dotnetster_**

My God, that is exactly what I want to achieve!  You made my day.  I'm guessing that it can be done from a php page too?  Did you have to get any special keys or codes from (or pay additional money to) Adobe to interact with the Connect environment?

Thanks again,

dotnetster

#6 2007-09-11 15:52:42

alistairlee

I don't believe there would be any problem doing it from PHP pages since you're basically making calls to a web service.  There are no special keys or codes needed.  Check out the documentation on how to do this here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/breeze/

The specific document is halfway down the page under "Web Services" called Using the Adobe Connect Enterprise XML Web Services

Last edited by alistairlee (2007-09-11 15:56:23)

#7 2007-09-11 15:55:02

alistairlee

Check out the video tutorial from David Slater in the tutorials section to move an existing recording to a public folder that anyone could access.

Once the recording has been moved, you could provide a simple URL link on your website to view.   

bwc wrote:

I would definitely be interested in offering our Connect based (and Adobe-hosted) Virtual Seminar Archives (recorded Connect sessions) through our website to our customers. It would be phenomenal to be able to embed a Connect/Flash player, at specified sizes, into a page that we could serve (but where the content was being drawn from Adobe's servers).

Make this vote number two for Connect integration with our company's website.

#8 2007-09-11 16:42:22

**_dotnetster_**

Thanks alistairlee.  I'll be purchasing Adobe Connect Pro via the Pay per Use option over the next couple of days, so hopefully i'll be able to integrate it with the existing site.

I'll keep you all posted...

Thanks again...

#9 2007-09-11 18:05:10

**_gprivat_**

The document referenced by Alistair documents all the xml APIs that you can use to integrate Connect into a portal.
These APIs are the same we are using for the Connect Pro web application to create and schedule meetings, manage users, etc...
They can be used both with a Connect Pro Hosted account or a Connect Pro License deployment.

Guillaume Privat
Group Product Manager
Acrobat Connect Pro

#10 2007-09-11 18:36:07

**_dotnetster_**

Hi Guillaume,

By hosted, you mean hosted by Adobe, right?  So if I go with the per per use option, i'll have access to these APIs?

Thanks,

dotnetster

#11 2007-09-12 09:21:21

**_bwc_**

alistairlee wrote:

Once the recording has been moved, you could provide a simple URL link on your website to view.

Actually, this is exactly what we do now. What I'm referring to is embedding the content on one of our pages, a la a YouTube video. I don't imagine it would be *that* easy (but it could if you chose to write the code!) but I imagined some sort of API-style access that would pull our content from your servers to play through our pages like jkruper seems to describe:

jkruper wrote:

look to the "Webcasts" portlet in the right-side column.

There don't happen to be any publicly accessible ones, do there? I'd love to see what the actual player interface integration to the web page looks like, I have to sign up for these to get a "pass." If not, thanks for the info anyway.

Thanks for the ideas, all.

#12 2007-09-12 11:54:22

**_gprivat_**

dotnetster wrote:

Hi Guillaume,

By hosted, you mean hosted by Adobe, right?  So if I go with the per per use option, i'll have access to these APIs?

Thanks,

dotnetster

This is correct.

Guillaume

#13 2008-01-10 12:13:03

**_jetmuzer_**

gprivat wrote:

This is correct.

Guillaume

Don't think so

#14 2008-03-07 13:59:23

**_nblavoie_**

Well, we are using all the APIs call from PHP from our Hosted Adobe Connect account. So, if you can parse XML response, send HTTP GET/POST requests to your server, you can do anything you want. Even with streaming videos from your Connect Hosted Account to another Flash Player somewhere (you can do that). You can create meetings or almost anything you can in the admin panel of your account. As long as you send the right action to the API with the right BREEZESESSION parameter, you're on track.

We are even using Adobe Flex/AIR to manage our Connect server... Your imagination is the limit here.

But, you realy need to understand the Connect Enterprise API structure (or the Breeze API). You call actions from the server, ex:

yourcompany.acrobat.com/api/xml?action=report-my-meetings

Will report all your meetings in a XML format.

Here is another short example who shows your meetings.

1. You connect to the server by sending a POST URL at your server with the following action: login.

Ex: http://yourcompany.acrobat.com/api/xml? … ord=mypass

If the information are right, the server responds you :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <results>
  <status code="ok" /> 
  </results>

And, it also gives you a Brezze Cookie Session (or HTTP header with the cookie value) you need to store for the next requests.

2. Send another GET or POST URL request to report your meetings.

http://maisonlaprise.acrobat.com/api/xm … ssion=your breeze session

Then :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <results>
  <status code="ok" /> 
- <my-meetings>
- <meeting sco-id="xxxxxxx" type="meeting" icon="meeting" permission-id="host" active-participants="0">
  <name>xxxxxxx</name> 
  <description>xxxxxxx</description> 
  <domain-name>xxxxxxx</domain-name> 
  <url-pathxxxxxxx</url-path> 
  <date-begin>2008-03-04T15:00:00.000-05:00</date-begin> 
  <date-end>2008-03-04T15:15:00.000-05:00</date-end> 
  <expired>true</expired> 
  <duration>00:15:00.000</duration> 
  </meeting>

So, this is the way to use your data from outside your Connect (in PHP, Flash, Flex, AIR, etc).

Feel free to email me if you have any questions : nicolasboulet@maisonlaprise.com.

Nicolas

Last edited by **_nblavoie_** (2008-03-07 14:08:11)

#15 2009-10-28 04:16:50

**_priyasivasamu_**

Nicolas

I am looking at integrating moodle with adobe connect pro. The flow will be like below:

The user will login into moodle -> he will see the link to join the virtual classroom in adobe connect pro -> The user will click on the link and will be automatically logged-in to the classroom.

Please note that Adobe connect pro is hosted by Adobe and not hosted in-house.

Is it possible to login to adobe connect pro from moodle ( we can create same users with same password for both moodle and connect pro).

If it is possible, can you guide me through the steps that i need to follow like the downloads that I need to do, samples, etc.

Your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated as I need to do this integration on an urgent basis.

#16 2010-01-13 13:55:38

**_khweir_**

priyasivasamu wrote:

Nicolas

I am looking at integrating moodle with adobe connect pro. The flow will be like below:

The user will login into moodle -> he will see the link to join the virtual classroom in adobe connect pro -> The user will click on the link and will be automatically logged-in to the classroom.

Please note that Adobe connect pro is hosted by Adobe and not hosted in-house.

Is it possible to login to adobe connect pro from moodle ( we can create same users with same password for both moodle and connect pro).

If it is possible, can you guide me through the steps that i need to follow like the downloads that I need to do, samples, etc.

Your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated as I need to do this integration on an urgent basis.

We are also looking to build this integration with Moodle.  (users will be created in Connect Pro to match those in Moodle).   How do we direct users to the Connect Pro meeting without having them log in, rather pass their credentials somehow

Board footer