Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-27 23:47:26

**_jdrew_**

Ramifications of editing curriculum content??

I have a rather lengthy curriculum path with 17 components.  Despite testing the elements before going live, our first users still found problems I need to fix.  For example I had a quiz that was weighted incorrectly on one question.  So if you missed that questions you failed the quiz. 

I changed the quiz and redid the curriculum.  My question is this--how does that affect users that were already in the system and past that section?  And how does it affect users that were in the system and not yet to that section?  Will these all be reported incorrectly? 

This question goes beyond just this one edit.  We need the ability to change things and need to understand how this works with reporting and such.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

#2 2010-01-04 11:46:03

**_Freerainbow_**

Re: Ramifications of editing curriculum content??

We use Presenter for our quizzing but Connect Pro seems to be set up similarly. For Presenter, if we make a change to our quiz and, therefore, the course/curriculum, the server sets up the changes as different versions in the back end of the system (they still use the same URL). So, when the next group of people take the quiz, they will be reported under version 2. If Connect Pro Training works similarly, then that weighted question issue will only affect the people who already took the course. And you probably manually adjusted their score on the backend of the system.

The people who were already in the system but not yet at that section will still be affected mostly likely by the issue as they would have been taking version one. This also goes for the people who were in the system and past that section. The changes will only affect new people who take the course/quiz after you publish the update.

This is, of course, if Connect Pro follows the same logic.

HTH

Board footer