Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-06 15:55:02

**_susiesapsara_**

Problem with XML API and Curriculums

We are using the XML API to access our training and content and are having an issue with curriculums. It seems as though the curriculums are available to users even if they are not enrolled -- and self-enrollment is not enabled. Further, when the curriculum is no longer available, it's still showing up in our site. The method we are using to control this access is "report-curriculum-taker". Has anyone had any similar issues?

#2 2009-05-07 08:40:54

**_AChemey_**

Re: Problem with XML API and Curriculums

susiesapsara,

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is... 

I have created a curriculum with an end date/time 15 minutes after I created the curriculum.  I took the curriculum within the 15 minute timeframe and recorded the results.  I attempted to take the curriculum AFTER the 15 minutes and the URL was "no longer available". 

The results of the curriculum will still be available, though the actual ability to launch the curriculum will not be.  So, if you run "report-curriculum-taker" it will definitely return the list of users and their status for the specific SCO/Curriculum that was passed as the sco-id.  Similiarly, if you run other REPORTS (which is what that XML-API is returning - a report) such as "report-user-trainings-taken" you'll also see the result for a specific user, etc.  However, if you make other calls such as "sco-contents" it will return the date-end; or if you attempt to launch the curriculum or any of the content, it should return "no longer available".

Do you have an issue with the reports, or are you actually able to launch the content in a curriculum after it's expired?

Regards,

Andrew

#3 2009-12-16 02:19:26

**_marryjohnson_**

Re: Problem with XML API and Curriculums

I was employed as a Senior Software Developer, providing Java development expertise plus support and mentoring for junior developers. I developed the mobile client interfaces for an EJB-based PAYG Topup system using Servlets & JSPs to produce WML/WAP pages. Also created an XML (XML-RPC) interface. Designed & developed the server-side system for a PKI trial involving a UK mobile operator and a UK government department. This involved the use of Servlets, JSP, JDBC, SQL and JCE, allowing the user to enter form data via a series of web pages then sign the summary via a PKI system on their mobile handset. Designed and developed a media content server as part of a secure media service, involving registering media devices & purchases and serving selectively encrypted audio files. This used Java Servlets as the core technology, with JSPs and tablibs used to provide control and administration pages. Developed an internal JCE provider for secure signing, which involved the use of DESede (TripleDES) symmetric encryption used to produce MAC codes for message verification.

Board footer