Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-09-13 09:05:40

cuc1410615407

Video and audio issues

Video Issue:
I am using Adobe Connect as a virtual classroom.  Everything worked well until near the end of last school year when my video started freezing.  It started about the same I upgraded to Windows 8.1 (from Windows 8).  This fall I can not use the video at all - crashed immediately.

I have an internal camera - it does the same thing with that camera.

I have fiddled with bandwidth and video quality (but can not go too low on video quality because my students need to see a whiteboard (hanging on my wall, not in Adobe - much easier for drawing pictures and doing math problems) and my Chemistry experiment demos.

The video was working much better (not perfect but usable) when I was in the classroom (as host) and my husband playing the part of a student as we were trying to figure this out.  We were not recording.

To me, the video appears to be working when the class says it is freezing (eventually I see it freeze). 

There seems to be a correlation between the video working and recording (recording starts - video stops, at least on my computer - not sure what the students see.)

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to correct it?

Audio Issue:
Everything is fine in class - we are all able to speak and hear each other.  The class (meeting) is recorded by the host; I am the presenter. The recording has no audio - very bad!  This host hosts other classrooms without audio issues.  One time, I went in as host and recorded my own class - the audio was fine on the recording. 

Please help!

Board footer