Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-14 16:00:02

**_jackmartinb_**

Creating podcasts from recorded meetings

I'm looking for a solution to create podcasts from recorded meetings. The content is an uploaded PPT file, combined with audio. Currently I access the recorded content through a URL, and capture the video with a screen capture software (using snapz pro currently), because the meetings are operator assisted, we have to sync up the audio with the video after capturing the video. We then create a podcast from this. The whole process takes a couple working days and seems very inefficient.

I was hoping for some sort of product integration to quickly capture my meetings and turn the audio and video into a podcast.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
JB

#2 2008-05-19 15:12:47

alistairlee

Re: Creating podcasts from recorded meetings

Hey JB,

The new 'offline recording' available in Connect Pro 7 should help with this.  You can have Connect create an FLV file that includes audio and video from the meeting recording.  This could added to an RSS stream and pushed out to an application like Adobe Media Player.  Any recipients could subscribe to this steam and meeting recordings would automatically get downloaded as they come out.

I'm looking to do the same thing and I will post my progress in the forums or tutorials section of this site.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2008-05-28 14:12:32

**_Carri.Saari_**

Ooooooh! Portable FLV files!?!?!?! That would be so great!

I want it, I want it!

#4 2008-05-29 14:46:36

**_jackmartinb_**

Thank you for the information.

That will be helpful, although I still have a hurdle with regard to the audio. I use Premiere Global operated assisted calls, and from what I can figure out, I am unable to simultaneously capture both audio and video through Acrobat Connect Pro (I am about to start another thread on that topic).

I am going to play around with the offline recording today and see what I can come up with.

thanks again for your response, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jack

#5 2008-06-09 15:40:27

**_tlogan_**

If you have a Connect account that has been enabled to use Premire Global teleconferencing then you will have your telephone audio automatically added to the recorded archive of your meeting.  I cannot speak to Premiere "assisted" calls but the next time you are on the phone with them ask them about that functionality for your meeting room.  You can also "tap" your own phone, feed the audio into your computers audio input jack and then in the Camera and VoIP pod tuen that on and the audio from the phone is added to the archive by virtue of passing thru the Camera and Voice pod.
Kind of MacGuyver'd but it works, althought the quality is less than the integrated solution.

For capturing archives and using them else where, ie: iPods, Youtube, CD or DVD  I play the archive back and capture them on my MAC using iShowU (mac only app - www.shinywhitebox.com) that captures and allows me to output to various formats and there is no wait or rendering time it captures in real time and then the save/export takes only the file write time.

#6 2008-11-14 20:46:44

**_rmcdanie_**

Some clarity for everyone;

Podcast typically refers to a media type that plays on an iPhone/iPod. As such FLV does not qualify. If you just want a media type that can be posted/distributed then FLV and Adobe Media Player work perfect with Connect Pro's offline recording feature. Additionally Adobe Media Player is available on Mac and Windows.

For playback targeted at iPods/iPhones you will need a 3rd party encoding tool like Super from eRightSoft (freeware for windows). I have not found an Adobe solutions that works w/ the Nellymoser encoded audio from Connect Pro yet. The media can then be delivered as an MP3, ACC, MP4, MOV, or other format that plays well with iTunes and iPods/iPhones. Additionally screen recording applications like iShowU can record a meeting playback as a screen capture and output to formats that an iPod can use.

For recording audio in a Connect Pro meeting you have 3 options;
1. Use an integrated voice conferencing solution like Avaya or Premiere and the phone audio gets recorded automatically.
2. Use VoIP for your meeting. Proper VoIP is a whole different topic, but the Connect developer center has some great best practices.
3. Use an non-integrated voice conference and record via the host's computer mic. If the host uses a speaker phone and turns on their mic for VoIP, the mic will capture the audio of the meeting from the speaker phone. The host will have to direct attendees to mute their computers or they will get both the phone and VoIP audio.

HTH,
Robert

#7 2008-11-17 17:02:13

alistairlee

Jody Plotkin walks you through the conversion process in this tutorial (available from the tutorials section of connectusers.com)

http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/connectprotoipod/

Board footer