Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-06-23 16:42:17

Janet Beatty

Adobe Connect 9.2.2 Screen sharing unreliable over high bandwidth

I am using Adobe Connect Add-In 9.2.2 on  Windows 8.1 over a wired ATT cable modem connection.

My bandwidth is 15-20Mbps download/1-2Mbps upload
I use Intercall for audio and have it call a VOIP phone.
Otherwise, nothing shares my line.
I have not had any audio issues.

My screen sharing issue is that sometimes no attendee can see my screen. It isn't a latency issue, and does not seem to be an attendee issue. When I can't share, others can.

I've had it work perfectly once, but other times for none of the meeting or part of the meeting or all of the meeting.

I've tried Stopping and Starting Sharing, closing and opening pods, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Surely it is something simple in my setup? Can anyone shed light? I must find a reliable solution.

(I'm new to Adobe Connect, but have never had issues with GoToMeeting.)

#2 2014-06-24 08:44:16

anhyzer

Re: Adobe Connect 9.2.2 Screen sharing unreliable over high bandwidth

Do you have a dual-monitor setup? If so, are you sharing a single application or your entire desktop? I believe in a dual monitor setup, if you share a single application or window, it must be on your primary monitor to be seen in a Connect share. The simplest solution is to share your entire desktop (you can choose your primary or secondary desktop... either will work when you share entire desktop).

In a single monitor setup, the remote side won't see what you're sharing if you choose to share a single window or application and you've covered those shared windows with something else (e.g., the Connect meeting window). In this case, your remote meeting attendees will see that you're trying to share something but they'll only see a blue crosshatched pattern instead of the actual shared windows.

--Chris

#3 2014-06-25 10:55:33

Janet Beatty

Re: Adobe Connect 9.2.2 Screen sharing unreliable over high bandwidth

Thank you for your reply Chris -
I do have a dual monitor setup. However, I am sharing the Desktop - not application or window. And it works sometimes.

Any other thoughts?

I just located the post on screen share going blank and that seems to be exactly my issue.

This can be considered answered, and I'll carry on with that post. Still not sure if I have an answer, but it's looking hopeful.

Last edited by Janet Beatty (2014-06-25 11:14:31)

Board footer