Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-15 22:56:23

UMCmark

AC no longer recognizes Sony EVI D70 Cameras

We use Adobe Connect in 6 conference rooms across the state.  In 2013 when AC went to 9.0 our six Sony EVI D70 cameras stopped working.  They continued to be recognized by AC but provided no image, just a black screen.  After nine extremely frustrating months, Adobe finally confirmed it was a AC bug and repaired it with 9.1.  This week AC9.1 stopped recognizing the cameras again!  Let me stress the cameras work on all web tests and with all other camera enabled software, just not AC. The set up is identical in each of our six conference rooms; Sony EVI-D70s attached to an Elgato USB Video Capture Device  via a Belkin 12 Foot S-Video Cable to a 2011 Mac Mini running OSX. Running AC is the only function of these Mac Mini systems. They are not used for any other purpose. This time Adobe has not updated Connect, but I did notice that Flash auto updated on the systems to the latest version. Maybe that is related, I do not know.  I have reported this bug to Adobe but can not wait until September 2014 to get this resolved. Last year we paid for 9 months of video conferencing with no video!  Any ideas out there?

#2 2014-02-05 09:50:07

Gregrow

Re: AC no longer recognizes Sony EVI D70 Cameras

Had very similar problem with existing setups on a mac and a PC. My cameras are HD and previously I used black magic encoders to down sample to SD prior to hitting AC. Ended up spending hours (30+) on trying combos of browser, flash player and encoder card software, none of which provided that eureka moment. Finally patched in a outboard scaler and stopped using the downscaling feature of the encoder card which worked. Not likely that would have been an option if the scalers weren't sitting on the shelf.

Somewhere in an adobe connect support page was a comment about how the video pod was using the same means and methods to show video as google talk, meaning if it works there, it will work in AC.  I did use that tidbit as a testing tool, so to speak. I also used a webcam just to insure a particular setup was working.

One of the bits that seems to have changed somewhere in the set up (connect platform, flash player, browser) is that things seem more particular regarding the image size of the video. I wasn't able to know the actual size of the image leaving the encoder card, since mine are internal, but that's basically all I am doing with the scaler. Also if I make minor size adjustments on the scaler the video comes and goes.

I found Firefox to be a more interesting browser to use, in part since it is presently still allowing you to use older versions of the flash player, which Safari is not.

I presently use a fresh partition on the mac with all the updating of Flash and Firefox turned off. Flash version is 11.2. I also have installed nothing else on the partition and intend to keep it that way. I was not so picky before, but with the amount of time spent it seemed wise to not loose it.

I hope something here helps....

Board footer