Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-11-08 15:33:22

Kylor - MeetingOne

share pod and draw tool

Hello,

I uploaded a pdf file into a share pod. I want to draw on the pdf so i hit draw and start to scribble whatever. In the pods option there is a save as function. I assume you would be able to save the pdf file with the drawing you made onto your desktop locally when you click save as, but all it does is create a duplicate version of original pdf file.  A client pointed this out to me yesterday and I confirmed it doing a test with the draw tool. Also had a couple of my team members try to save as and got the same results.  Is there a different purpose for the save as function or is this bug that hasn't been fixed?

Thank you

Last edited by Kylor - MeetingOne (2013-11-08 15:41:31)

#2 2013-11-08 15:50:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: share pod and draw tool

The Save As function is specific to having the PDF in the Share pod. It is intended as a vehicle to allow downloading of the PDF that is shared. The only way to save the white board markups on the document is to do the Print function (just below Save As) where it will generate a hard copy (or PDF if you print to PDF) of the currently visible contents. Try it and you will see what I mean.

Ultimately, don't expect to mark up a document and have those markups easily saved outside of Connect. Not really a bug, just the way it works.

#3 2013-11-08 18:24:50

Kylor - MeetingOne

Re: share pod and draw tool

Thank you for the work around.  The save as function still doesn't makes sense. What is the point of it downloading to your desktop when you click save as?

Last edited by Kylor - MeetingOne (2013-11-08 18:26:06)

Board footer