Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-11-05 17:23:50

Kevin

Engagement Dashboard no longer Meeting Room only?

We have 9.1.1 test environment spun up and comparing it to 9.0.x.

It looks like in 9.1.1 we can now load up the Engagement Dashboard in Meeting Rooms, not just seminar.  Is this a bug?  Some extra context, some Meeting Rooms, the Engagement Dashboard is not an option under Pods.

So I don't know if it's our test environment, or does 9.1.1 now support the dashboard in Meeting Rooms?

TIA!

#2 2013-11-05 17:31:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Engagement Dashboard no longer Meeting Room only?

Not a bug, Connect 9.1 supports the Engagement Dashboard in meeting rooms as well as the ability to turn on individual engagement indicators (in the Pod Options menu for the Attendee list).

#3 2013-11-06 10:35:11

Kevin

Thanks for the input Jorma.  Now, head scratcher as to why this one room doesn't have the option at all!

#4 2013-11-06 10:55:54

alistairlee

Hi Kevin,

I agree it's not obvious, but I think I have the answer.
The engagement dashboard will ALWAYS show up in:
- Meeting and Seminar rooms tied to an event
- Virtual Classrooms

In 9.1, we added the Engagement Dashboard to standard meeting rooms IF the host was also an Event Manager.

In your case, it's probably showing up in some rooms because the owners are in the 'Event Mangers' group and not in others.

#5 2013-11-06 13:38:53

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ah, good to know the 'ifs'. I guess this is kind of like using a Virtual Classroom.

Thanks for the clarification Alistair!

#6 2013-11-07 13:24:34

Kevin

Re: this IF statement, does this mean that the Dashboard would show up ONLY if that user is in the room, or as long as he/she is Event Manager, and creates the room?

#7 2013-11-07 14:20:17

spuri

A meeting created by an Event Manager will have the Dashboard. All the presenters and hosts in that meeting room should be able to see the Dashboard after enabling Presenter Only Area (until and unless it is blocked from Compliance and Control settings in Webapp under Administration, forget it if you are not aware of it).

Hope this helps!
Sameer Puri

#8 2014-01-08 21:29:55

Kevin

Here's a dumb question.  Why not just have every single room built by an Engagement Manager?  At least this way, the option is AVAILABLE rather than, not?  Let the room's users decide to take advantage of the pod, or not.

#9 2014-01-16 15:59:26

azpeter2009

I have looked high and low for the Engagement Dashboard, but finally here suspect I am wasting my time, using only MEETINGS as a Meeting Host on an On-Premise system.  Is that the case?

#10 2014-01-16 21:08:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Without the Event module, you wouldn't see the engagement dashboard in a Meeting room. It only shows up in the meeting room if an individual who creates the meeting room is also an Event manager, as Alistair said above.

Board footer