Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-09-25 14:32:20

Keith

Adobe Connect Connection Test Issue

I have a user experiencing issues using a Mac (OSX 10.7.x) to conduct the AC connection test.  The test is consistently hanging on step 3 (connection speed test).  Previously I had her join my meeting and click on the help button to conduct the test.    She successfully passed the test when conducting it from within my meeting.  However, when she clicks on the link inside an email, the test will launch and hangs on step 3.  Below is the link for the Adobe Connect connection test.

https://connect.fiu.edu/common/help/en/ … g_test.htm

#2 2013-10-02 13:10:54

gregrow96

Re: Adobe Connect Connection Test Issue

for what it's worth, I tried that link and it worked for me. step 3 did take longer than I recall, but it finally finished. I also tried it thru the troubleshooting menu in a meeting room, which would hit the server that my account is on, and that also took a while to complete step 3, based on prior experiences.

#3 2013-10-03 06:59:36

cuc1369834797

What connection speed does this user have? We have had issues with switching on the webcam with one user and the meeting room performnace dropping to poor. This user is on a BT Inifinity fibre link with a 72mb download speed on speedest.com

When we ran the Adobe Connect connection test that you mention it also failed.... I am wondering are fibre connections the issue?

Thanks
Kev

#4 2013-10-08 14:44:36

Keith

Hello Kev,

I don't believe using fiber optics is the issue.  I have seen this issue using our Universities network on a wireless and cat5 ethernet connection.  The following are the results from the Mac user conducting the speed test using our wireless network.

PNG – 4ms
Download Speed – 1.28 Mbps
Upload Speed – 75.36 Mbps

Thanks,

Keith Banks

#5 2013-10-08 14:45:58

Keith

Thanks for your assistance Greg.

Regards,

Keith

Board footer