Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-09-20 09:50:58

Keith

Chat Pod Issue

I'm receiving the message "Private Chat Started...." in the Chat pod, when no one is sending a private chat.  Students will post a comment in the general (everyone) chat room and the "Private Chat Started...." message would appear.  No one is sending any private chats and the message appears.  Every time a student responds to the professor question by using the Chat pod that message appears. 

This is an intermittent issue that is difficult to replicate.  We can successfully conduct a dozen or so AC meetings without this issue and then all of a sudden the issue will arise.

#2 2013-09-20 11:12:16

Kevin

Re: Chat Pod Issue

Seen this as well (in Connect 8.2.2.2), not sure how to re-produce but it tends to happen when there is a large number of users in room 40-50+

Last edited by Kevin (2013-09-20 11:12:36)

#3 2013-09-20 13:05:28

Keith

Hi Kevin,

You are correct regarding this issue occurring when there is a large number or participants in the room.  However, I have some users reporting this issue with only 3 individuals in the room.  I also have some users stating that no one was using the Chat pod and the message appeared.  Regardless, thanks for your response.

#4 2013-09-23 10:12:42

Kevin

Sorry can't help, but at least I can confirm that you are not crazy!

#5 2013-09-23 16:04:02

Keith

@Kevin,

lol and thanks for trying.

#6 2013-09-24 15:41:37

spuri

Hi,

The message is shown when chat pod is obscured by a larger pod to ensure that everybody knows that a chat message has been sent in the chat pod.

We are aware that the the string "Privat chat started..." string is not correct and we will be fixing this soon.

Thanks for reporting the bug though! :)

Sameer Puri

Board footer