Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-09-18 15:46:30

Jeff Gomes

Adobe Connect 9.1 - Mac add-in becomes unresponsive

The Connect session I hosted yesterday was our first since we were upgraded to version 9.1 a few days ago.  I was hosting on a MacBook Pro (retina) which has worked well for me with version 9.0.  There were about 10 or 12 times during the 2.5 hour meeting that the add-in became unresponsive and stopped broadcasting to the Connect audience.  The dreaded Mac OSX "whirling pizza of death" cursor appeared and I had to force-quit the add-in, then re-enter the Connect room.  The session ended up being a nightmarish embarrassment, as you might imagine, since this happened on average about every 10 minutes.  Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 2013-09-19 10:08:04

snikhil

Re: Adobe Connect 9.1 - Mac add-in becomes unresponsive

Hi Jeff Gomes,

Which OSX you are using ?

Any scenario where your add-in went unresponsive ?

Thanks
snikhil

#3 2013-09-20 12:12:02

Jeff Gomes

OSX 10.8.4.  The situations when the add-in became unresponsive were varied.  But let me re-emphasize the fact that all the hardware, Connect layouts, network connections, etc., were the same as we have used successfully on previous occasions.  The only thing that changed was the update from Adobe Connect 9.0 to 9.1.

#4 2013-10-02 13:56:52

gregrow96

same thing happened to me last Thursday, on 2 different computers at the same time. Had setup the gear and been testing for several hours, and had a couple of issues with the add in, but they seemed to be consistent with what might happen during setups. After about 20 minutes into the presentation, things started to fail apart. It was just the audio at first, so I went to the backup computer, and then watched that also start to fail within seconds. At this point, thankfully I had setup a backup audio connection via a phone line to the meeting room to at least allow folks to hear. Several restarts followed, with no audio passing at all. I finally stopped when I had one computer sending video and the phone line connection handling the audio.

Today, I've been testing without the add in and it's working fine.

I was running 10.7 but have updated the machines to 10.8, and in fact that seems to have made it worse - add in stops within seconds rather than minutes, and required a force quit this time, rather than a simple quit.
I am hoping to setup a PC with the encoders I have (Black Magic Intensity Pro and Ultra 3D via Thunderbolt) and see if the PC plug in version is more stable. I would like to stay with the Mac's since they are in place and have worked well for this purpose, but I can't have them doing this during the events I support.

Board footer