Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-05-28 10:42:31

JohnGarcia

Chat box - presenter area

Has anyone experienced this chat box, after a meeting clearing itself of all the content?

We have had this a few times now, after a lengthy meeting we have logged back in for data retrieval and the chat box is clear / has been deleted.

I know no one has physically done this, is anyone else having problems with content being removed?

#2 2013-05-28 13:01:21

alistairlee

Re: Chat box - presenter area

Hey John,

Not that I know of. What version of Adobe Connect are you using? (To check the version, you can click the Help menu and choose 'About Adobe Connect'.

#3 2013-05-29 03:21:09

JohnGarcia

AC-9.0.4 thats why its posted here... Its very strange to have the chat box just clear itself. We're now having to email chat history every 10 mins now.

#4 2013-05-29 12:08:17

alistairlee

There is an option in your compliance settings to do this automatically. Is there any chance this is checked?

f0tgi.jpg

#5 2013-06-03 09:08:11

JohnGarcia

Hi alistairlee,

Thanks for the response, i have checked this and it is unticked so not active. I did not know that was there actually so handy to know but alas does not solve my problem.

We had a meeting last week and both the chat boxes (one for everyone in main layout and one for off-screen presenters and hosts in the presenter area) were both cleared when we went back in to collect data.

Luckily we were emailing chat history during the meeting so we have a record of it, but it is strange that this has started to happen, quite regularly now, which is worrying.

#6 2013-06-05 13:33:41

ConnectUser81844

This has also happened to a few meeting rooms at my company.  Chat pod is getting wiped out without Host/Presenter initiating clear. 
We too do not have that Admin option selected which might explain why text is disappearing.
Please advise if this is a known issue.  In the meantime, I will submit a formal ticket.

#7 2013-06-06 03:45:51

JohnGarcia

I was informed by someone at Adobe Connect Support, that chat boxes have a limit of 50,000 characters and also 5000 messages. We never ever go anywhere near these amounts, and in any case the support also stated that if 50,000 was reached the first 25,000 would be removed and it would carry on. It never states that the box would clear entirely.

Board footer