Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-05-17 08:54:19

Jonas Lagneryd

Repeated Audio issues

We repeatedly encounter audio issues. Too many of our participants in web meetings have problems all the time with their audio ALTHOUGH they have run the Adobe Meeting Connection Diagnostic Test without any indication that something is incorrect or missing.

How does Adobe look upon this? What are the odds for improvements and fixes? Until then, what do you recommend us to document in order to create good bug reports? What info should be default?

Best regards,
Jonas

P.S. We are on a hosted EMEA account.

#2 2013-05-21 10:55:36

Tabasco

Re: Repeated Audio issues

What are the audio issues?  Is everyone running the audio set-up wizard and using a headset?

#3 2013-05-22 11:49:43

cuc1369231203

Hi Jonas Lagneryd,

By Audio you mean VOIP or use of Telephony in the meetings?
is by audio issue you mean audio drops or quality of the audio.

thanks
Nikhil

Thanks
snikhil

#4 2013-05-22 13:15:51

JCarter

And if you haven't already, be sure to check the Speex Codec in the Audio preferences (I assume the EMEA account doesn't matter with this). Here's instructions I got off the web -

- While in your meeting room, from the Meeting tab, choose Preferences.
- In the Audio tab, check to select both Enhanced Audio and the Speex Codec.
- The Speex Codec prompts all users to install the Adobe Connect add-in if they have not already.  For this reason it is recommended that you make these changes before others have entered the meeting.

What I don't know (and hopefully Adobe moderators will answer this) is if this setting is persistent for all future meeting, or if it has to be done for every meeting. good luck!

(hey, they fixed the screen name issue. Nice!)

Last edited by JCarter (2013-05-22 13:16:51)

#5 2013-05-22 13:48:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

When you adjust a setting in the room it is persistent like anything else in the room. Turning on the Speex codec will mean it is on until you disable it.

Board footer