Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-05-03 11:43:23

cuc1367334197

Possible to loop an mp4?

Is it possible to loop an uploaded mp4 in a share pod? I'm guessing no...

I'd like to set up a welcome screen with a "slideshow" or movie consisting of 4 slides that loops while people are entering the meeting. And rather than record a 10 - 15 minute video resulting in a huge file, I'd rather loop the 575KB mp4!

btw - I don't know why my screen name hasn't changed. I set it up when I created my account here.

#2 2013-05-03 12:05:01

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Possible to loop an mp4?

If you put the MP4 into Presenter or Captivate, you could then tell the presentation to loop in the settings for those tools.

#3 2013-05-03 13:02:11

alistairlee

I'm not sure why your screen name changed either - but you can change it back. Click on your name in the navigation menu, and select 'My Account'

Account.jpg

Please let me know if it happens again.

#4 2013-05-03 14:28:01

Jorma_at_CoSo

Alistair,

I too tried to change my name (after realizing that the "@" in my username makes my forum email unusable), and though it shows a different username in the My Account dialog (Jorma_at_RealEyes), the display name and forum email didn't change.

#5 2013-05-05 08:50:12

alistairlee

Hey Jorma,

As part of the new Adobe ID integration, connectusers is no longer storing email addresses or any other personally identifiable information - though that is stored with Adobe as part of your Adobe ID.

The forum engine we're using does require an email address even though email functionality has been removed (at least for now). We're currently generating our own fake email addresses based on usernames.

It does sound like a bug that changing your username on the account screen didn't change it in the forums. I'll look into that.

Thanks.

#6 2013-05-20 10:15:09

GaryGonzalez

cuc1367334197 wrote:

Is it possible to loop an uploaded mp4 in a share pod? I'm guessing no...

I'd like to set up a welcome screen with a "slideshow" or movie consisting of 4 slides that loops while people are entering the meeting. And rather than record a 10 - 15 minute video resulting in a huge file, I'd rather loop the 575KB mp4!

btw - I don't know why my screen name hasn't changed. I set it up when I created my account here.

Whenever I want to have a short video loop, I convert the mp4, flv, or whatever to a .swf file.

Last edited by GaryGonzalez (2013-05-20 10:16:31)

Board footer