Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-04-30 11:17:39

cuc1367334197

Host hides a share pod, it stops the Presenter's sharing

OK here's the other issue that has arisen. My Presenter is sharing their Desktop (not application). When I, as the Host, am viewing the meeting and I hide the share pod, it stops the sharing for the Presenter and the participants stop seeing the share. The Presenter has to click Share my Screen again and re-share their desktop.
Again I am not sure if that is normal behavior.

I have not tried this in Prepare mode yet (hide the share while in Prepare mode).

#2 2013-04-30 11:26:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Host hides a share pod, it stops the Presenter's sharing

Any change you make to the room will affect everyone in the room. So when you hide the share pod, it is hidden for all attendees in the room.

Prepare mode will allow you go into non-active layouts to make adjustments behind the scenes.

#3 2013-04-30 14:27:06

alistairlee

Even in prepare mode, you'd still run the risk of hiding the pod for everyone if you were on the active layout.

Do you mind if I ask why you're hiding the share pod? Perhaps there's another method that would work for you.

#4 2013-05-01 13:08:03

e-slinger

Hello,

If you are hiding the share pod to move other pods around or to share other content here is a trick that works for me:

- Stack the 'other' content you want to share behind your current share pod
- Use [Ctrl] + F9 to toggle between the open pods on stage (best trick ever by the way)

You could also use the toggle your presenters pod between full screen (up and down) to stage, stack or layer content.

What exactly are you trying to when hide/swap the pods?

#5 2013-05-01 14:58:17

cuc1367334197

alistair is right - in Prepare mode, any change to active pod is still seen by everyone.

What I was trying to do is have a "clean" area to present poll question pods to online Participants only (not to Presenter). I host a training presentation that has both live, in-house audience and the online audience. Currently we have been letting the presenters just run their ppt show and share the desktop rather than the application. That way the online audience has a different view/experience than the in-house audience.

My first thought was to switch layouts, but that changes the view for the in-house audience that the presenters didn't want.

We have found that using the Full Screen option in the presenter's share pod seems to work for our needs - mostly. However we noticed that If I, as the host, use the Display Presenter Area to bring up Poll pods and then move them to the Share Pod for the online audience, the In-house audience still sees the Poll pod (even in Full Screen mode) when I first drag it over. Once I drag it over, let go, and then move it slightly - it disappears from the Full Screen view for the in-house audience and remains for the online folk. kinda weird.

So we may go back to sharing the Desktop w/the ppt show, and just put the Poll pods on top of the ppt slide for the online audience.

Last edited by cuc1367334197 (2013-05-01 14:58:30)

#6 2013-05-02 12:07:19

alistairlee

@e-slinger - I used to do the same thing, but stopped as mobile participants became more popular.

You can hide one pod behind another on the desktop, but be careful - someone joining via a mobile device may be able to see both share pods.

#7 2013-05-21 08:11:24

e-slinger

Good Morning Alistairlee,

Wow..that is good to know, so if the user comes in via the mobile app, then they can see both?

Ok...does it matter if it is iOS or Android? (more curiosity than need)

I will keep that in mind as we grow into a more mobile audience.

Thanks!

Board footer